HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   dns problems (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6404)

rayit 23rd August 2006 21:05

dns problems
 
back from holidays I had a lot of problems with dns and postfix
it seems some user added a sub domain
www2.subdomein.com
postfix stopped because he did not know the protocol www2
dns also stopped but I was lucky to have a second dns server.
After a lot of struggle I solved issues above.


Now some remaining questions...

How can I remove warning below.
(from http://www.dnsstuff.com)
WARNING. The parent servers (I checked with amsterdam.ns.dns.be.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause incompatibilities with some non-RFC-compliant programs. This is perfectly acceptable behavior per the RFCs. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain (for example, a DNS server of "ns1.example.org" for the domain "example.com"). In this case, you can speed up the connections slightly by having NS records that are in the same TLD as your domain.


This is how my pri.rayit.nl looks like.
What should I add and how can it be done in ispconfig?

$TTL 86400
@ IN SOA ns2.rayit.com. admin.rayit.nl. (
2006082303 ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
28800 ; refresh, seconds
7200 ; retry, seconds
2419200 ; expire, seconds
86400 ) ; minimum, seconds
;
NS ns2.rayit.com. ; Inet Address of name serv$
NS ns3.rayit.com. ; Inet Address of name serv$
;

MX 10 mail.rayit.nl.
mischa MX 10 rayit.nl.

rayit.nl. A 80.100.12.206
www A 80.100.12.206
localhost A 127.0.0.1
mail A 80.100.12.206

--------------------------------

Will it be possible in the future to add a third dns server?
And how to add default entries (I now need to add to every .nl domain a
a record localhost 127.0.0.1 (strange sidn? and a MX backup mail server entry, SPF records.. etc..)


---------------------------------

Sorry for the many questions!!!:rolleyes:

many thanks (and I need a break again)

RayIT

rayit 24th August 2006 10:21

oeps
 
I think I placed this one in the wrong forum topic.

sorry for this.:confused:

falko 24th August 2006 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayit
How can I remove warning below.
(from http://www.dnsstuff.com)
WARNING. The parent servers (I checked with amsterdam.ns.dns.be.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause incompatibilities with some non-RFC-compliant programs. This is perfectly acceptable behavior per the RFCs. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain (for example, a DNS server of "ns1.example.org" for the domain "example.com"). In this case, you can speed up the connections slightly by having NS records that are in the same TLD as your domain.

Have a look here to understand what's going on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dns#Cir...d_Glue_Records


Quote:

Originally Posted by rayit
Will it be possible in the future to add a third dns server?

This is not planned yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rayit
And how to add default entries (I now need to add to every .nl domain a
a record localhost 127.0.0.1 (strange sidn? and a MX backup mail server entry, SPF records.. etc..)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayit

You could use the remoting framework ( http://www.ispconfig.org/remoting_plugin.htm ) for it (if you use the ISPConfig devel version), otherwise you have to do it manually.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.