HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   moved from ISPconfig3 singleserver to ISPconfig3 multiserver setup (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62169)

dynamind 10th June 2013 17:30

moved from ISPconfig3 singleserver to ISPconfig3 multiserver setup

Hi,

I installed a multiserver setup on debian wheezy following your guides for wheezy and primary this squeeze guide.
Now I migrated all databases, mysql db + mysql users and also the non-existing parts of dbispconfig except server, server_ip and sys_datalog. I checked the config and it looks good. After all I opened the ports for running services.

Before I start to switch the singleserver setup to the new set up multiserver enviroment I'd like to verify a few things:
  • the server web.my.tld is master and db gets synced to db.my.tld?
  • /var/vmail is synced to mail.my.tld
  • /var/www is synced to web.my.tld
  • for mysql should the website configs point to db.my.tld or localhost?
  • the portforwarding must be changed to direct packets > to the single machines per service?
  • is there something else to do?

I say thanks in advance, just asking before fiddling to fade smooth ; )

update: for the moment I found two issues:

• bastille blocks traffic from/to ovz vm

iptables v1.4.14: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
    Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
    iptables v1.4.14: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)

and

root@web:/# service bastille-firewall restart
    libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/2.6.32-20-pve/modules.dep.bin'
    libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/2.6.32-20-pve/modules.dep.bin'
    Setting up IP spoofing protection... done.
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
    Allowing traffic from trusted interfaces... done.
    Setting up chains for public/internal interface traffic... done.
    Setting up general rules... done.
    Setting up outbound rules... done.
    touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/bastille-firewall': No such file or directory <<< same problem is known on singleserver machine with wheezy!

• sqirrelmail does not find mail server on localhost

ERROR
    Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
    111 : Connection refused

bR