HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts etc. etc. (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61254)

danhansen@denmark 2nd April 2013 00:49

NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts etc. etc.

Hi,

Information:
ISPConfig 3 installation on a new installation of Ubuntu Server 10.04
Followed Tutorial: "The Perfect Server - ISPConfig 3 - Ubuntu Server 10.04" to the letter!
"Single Server Setup"

After compleeting the ISPConfig3 installation, this is prompted in the bottom of the shell:

"..."
* Stopping Courier POP3 server...
...done.
* Starting Courier POP3 server...
...done.
* Stopping Courier POP3-SSL server...
...done.
* Starting Courier POP3-SSL server...
...done.
* Restarting web server apache2

[Tue Apr 02 00:05:21 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Tue Apr 02 00:05:21 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Tue Apr 02 00:05:22 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Tue Apr 02 00:05:22 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

... waiting ...done.
Restarting ftp server: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-mysql-virtualchroot -l mysql:/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf -l pam -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -8 UTF-8 -D -E -H -A -b -u 1000 -B
Installation completed.
root@server1:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install#

What is the warnings about? No VirtualHosts? Port 443/Port 80 ??? Followed the tutorial to the letter...

Now I am really looking forward to any kind of response :o

Kind Regards,
Dan

till 2nd April 2013 10:20

Thats ok and not a error. The message means that you can add hosts with * instead of a IP on you server. So its not a issue, apache notices you just about the possibility that banevirtualhosts with * on these two orts are available but not in use yet.

erkan 2nd April 2013 21:49

I got this problem too but on Debian 6 and my control panel has stopped working, just get a internal server error when trying to access it.

vaio1 3rd April 2013 08:10

Hi Till,

same problem here:
Code:

# apachectl configtest
[Wed Apr 03 08:07:07 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Wed Apr 03 08:07:07 2013] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
Syntax OK

thanks for your help

till 3rd April 2013 11:37

Thats not a problem. Please read my post #2 in this thread.

danhansen@denmark 4th April 2013 00:57

Thanks - but, still no website

Thanks Till,

But them I just Can't find the reason to the error. Created client, set up dns and dns works. Created website with * instead of ip (which as default) - but still i get my routers admin site and not a default site for the new client.

The system is a single server setup, with own primary nameserver.

Question, regarding dns records in ispconfig controlpanel - A-records is created with an ip, and here I am using my static ip from my ISP not the local server ip. This is right, right :)

Any ideas to get it to work?

I was able to make an ftp account and ftp to the web folder. But this doesn't help at all, if you get the router admin site when you enter the client domain in the browser. o)

Kind Regards,
Dan