HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Moving e-mails from old ISPConfig to new one (diff versions) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61125)

miki 25th March 2013 14:21

Moving e-mails from old ISPConfig to new one (diff versions)

Hello,

I have an old version of ISPConfig (3.0.2.2) which is running on Debian Lenny. Now I would like to install a new Debian Squezze with current version of ISPConfig and move to new server only mailboxes and DB.

I already installed new ISPConfig according manual The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND & Courier [ISPConfig 3]. I moved some tables from dbispconfig (tables: client, mail_domain, mail_forwarding, mail_user and sys_user) and copied mailboxes from /var/vmail. I have also installed Roundcube webmail.

The problem is that I cannot login to mailbox. I tried IMAP, POP3 and webmail.
In /var/log/mail.log there is

Mar 25 14:16:47 mail imapd: chdir /var/vmail/domain.tld/user: Permission denied
Mar 25 14:16:47 mail imapd: user@domain.tld: Permission denied

Where could be the problem? Do I need to copy any other table from old dbispconfig?

Thank you,
Miki

till 25th March 2013 17:28

ensure that all folders are owned by user and group vmail and that you use the same imap server (couroer / dovecot( that you used on your otherserver. the ispconfig version does not matter as the folder layout or users have not been changed.

miki 25th March 2013 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 294682)
ensure that all folders are owned by user and group vmail and that you use the same imap server (couroer / dovecot( that you used on your otherserver. the ispconfig version does not matter as the folder layout or users have not been changed.

I made chown -R vmail:vmail /var/vmail and now I have in mail.log this:
Mar 25 17:35:15 mail imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=user@domain.tld, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

The login and password are still the same. I can login to mailbox with this credentials on old ispconfig from which I export the db. But on this new one I cannot.

miki 25th March 2013 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by miki (Post 294686)
I made chown -R vmail:vmail /var/vmail and now I have in mail.log this:
Mar 25 17:35:15 mail imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=user@domain.tld, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

The login and password are still the same. I can login to mailbox with this credentials on old ispconfig from which I export the db. But on this new one I cannot.

Now I found out that I can login only to one of 3 mailboxes which I tested. Each of them are different domains.

miki 26th March 2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by miki (Post 294687)
Now I found out that I can login only to one of 3 mailboxes which I tested. Each of them are different domains.

In /var/log/mail.log I have:

Mar 26 14:32:43 mail authdaemond: zero rows returned
Mar 26 14:32:43 mail authdaemond: no password available to compare
Mar 26 14:32:43 mail authdaemond: authmysql: REJECT - try next module
Mar 26 14:32:43 mail authdaemond: FAIL, all modules rejected

Could someone tell me where could be the problem?

miki 27th March 2013 14:44

Nobody could help me? Thanks for every helpful information.

miki 28th March 2013 14:08

Solved!

I find out that in dbispconfig database, table mail_user was empty column login.