HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CentOS 6.4 x86_64 - ISPConfig 3.0.5.1 - APS Installer Errors (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61082)

Hairy 22nd March 2013 14:02

CentOS 6.4 x86_64 - ISPConfig 3.0.5.1 - APS Installer Errors
 
I just did a fresh installation of The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) and ISPConfig 3.0.5.1. There are some things that don't work correctly.

I browse to ISPConfig control panel -> Sites -> APS Installer -> Update Packagelist. Then, I click the button that says 'Update Packagelist'. Then, I see a box with pinwheel going around for awhile. Once the pinwheel stops, it shows the error:

Error
No packages to read in

Then, I browse to ISPConfig CP - > Monitor -> Show System-Log. The log shows the following error:

2013-03-22 08:54 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: No packages to read in
2013-03-22 08:54 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML

Can someone please advise me how to fix this and make it work properly?

almere 22nd March 2013 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy (Post 294505)
I just did a fresh installation of The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) and ISPConfig 3.0.5.1. There are some things that don't work correctly.

I browse to ISPConfig control panel -> Sites -> APS Installer -> Update Packagelist. Then, I click the button that says 'Update Packagelist'. Then, I see a box with pinwheel going around for awhile. Once the pinwheel stops, it shows the error:

Error
No packages to read in

Then, I browse to ISPConfig CP - > Monitor -> Show System-Log. The log shows the following error:

2013-03-22 08:54 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: No packages to read in
2013-03-22 08:54 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML

Can someone please advise me how to fix this and make it work properly?

Do you have cURL library installed?

Hairy 22nd March 2013 14:45

If it is part of The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) and ISPConfig 3.0.5.1 installation guide, then I have it installed.

Here is my output:
[root@pluto ~]# curl -V
curl 7.19.7 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/3.13.6.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.4.2
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Hairy 23rd March 2013 15:57

CentOS 6.4 x86_64 APS Installer Doesn't Work - Help?
 
Does anyone have any ideas why the APS Installer doesn't work correctly with The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) and ISPConfig 3.0.5.1?

Can anyone tell me where some physical logs might be that can help determine the problem?

SunnyD 26th March 2013 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy (Post 294553)
Does anyone have any ideas why the APS Installer doesn't work correctly with The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) and ISPConfig 3.0.5.1?

Can anyone tell me where some physical logs might be that can help determine the problem?

I can tell you that the APS installer DOES work correctly with that setup tutorial, as I followed it for an install and APS is working fine.

I can't answer your question about the logs, but I can suggest that you attempt to "update" your install of ISPConfig to see if that might fix APS. In my learning process for ISPConfig on an initial install, I had a similar issue where APS would fail to retrieve the package list and never update. I went and ran update.php from the ISPConfig install directory, and once it was done APS was working fine.

Hairy 27th March 2013 00:44

Thank you for the reply. I've tried updating ISPConfig using the update.php file and the APS Installer still does not work.

Your statements are contradictory. You first state:
Quote:

I can tell you that the APS installer DOES work correctly with that setup tutorial, as I followed it for an install and APS is working fine.
Then, you state that when you followed the guide, it DIDN'T work and you had to run an update script:
Quote:

In my learning process for ISPConfig on an initial install, I had a similar issue where APS would fail to retrieve the package list and never update. I went and ran update.php from the ISPConfig install directory, and once it was done APS was working fine.
Can you think of anything else that you may have done that fixed the problem when you were having your learning experience?

I can confirm for a fact that you will not have a working server, if you follow the guide. Unless you consider it a working server, even though you have no dovecot, pop3, or imap.

See:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61074

Here are some more small things that are wrong with the guide:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61088
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61091

I am considering doing 2 fresh installs tonight on 2 unused computers and see what happens. I will post the results, if I do.

SunnyD 27th March 2013 03:34

Sorry if you misunderstood, there was nothing contradictory. My initial attempts playing around with ISPConfig yielded the APS installer not retrieving the package list. I ran update, after which APS was able to update and pull the package list properly. My "guess" is during the initial setup I had an issue where name resolution on the server stopped working properly for a time, which may have corrupted something along the way.

I then wiped the server with a fresh OS install and followed that guide from the start, APS works fine from the initial install.

As I said - the particular guide you reference works fine with regards to APS. The issues with dovecot are covered in the user comments on the respective pages.

I apologize if this didn't help. Hopefully you can find an answer.

Hairy 27th March 2013 05:44

Thanks for the help.

OK. I've just finished two more fresh installs. I followed the guide exactly as written on the first computer. On the second computer I substituted the 32 bit architecture. I can confirm now with 3 installs that the APS Installer will NOT work, by following the guide located here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3

I've also viewed the online demo of ISPConfig, and I noticed that the APS Installer doesn't work properly on there either. The online demo gives the exact same errors that I am having.

Error
No packages to read in

and

2013-03-27 00:30 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: No packages to read in
2013-03-27 00:30 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Nilpo 28th March 2013 03:30

I am also having this problem. Can anyone offer a solution?

Hairy 28th March 2013 21:06

ISPConfig 3.0.5.2 was released today. I updated my ISPConfig on all three test machines. I tried clicking the APS Installer Update Packagelist button and I still get the same errors on all three CentOS 6.4 servers.

Error
No packages to read in

and

2013-03-28 16:02 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: No packages to read in
2013-03-28 16:02 Error [INTERFACE]: APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.