HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Adding a new IP Address with ISPConfig (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61039)

vaio1 20th March 2013 16:29

Adding a new IP Address with ISPConfig
 
Hi guys,

I have created a new ip address in my /etc/network/interfaces adding these rows:

Code:

allow-hotplug eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
        address 101.178.110.100
        netmask 255.255.255.248

allow-hotplug eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
        address 101.178.110.101
        netmask 255.255.255.248

I have added in the ISPConfig as the manual told me the new IP Address: 101.178.110.100

I have created a website in the ISPConfig admin panel.

Then, I have set up a new "A zone" in my dns service for the new website.

Now, If I call the domain I can see the default ISPConfig welcome page but It seems to me that it doesn't redirect it to the website folder.

How have I to solve this problem?

thanks

Lionheart82 21st March 2013 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaio1 (Post 294378)
Hi guys,

I have created a new ip address in my /etc/network/interfaces adding these rows:

Code:

allow-hotplug eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
        address 101.178.110.100
        netmask 255.255.255.248

allow-hotplug eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
        address 101.178.110.101
        netmask 255.255.255.248

I have added in the ISPConfig as the manual told me the new IP Address: 101.178.110.100

I have created a website in the ISPConfig admin panel.

Then, I have set up a new "A zone" in my dns service for the new website.

Now, If I call the domain I can see the default ISPConfig welcome page but It seems to me that it doesn't redirect it to the website folder.

How have I to solve this problem?

thanks

Hello, many things you should check... first is dns configures properly?
what does ping ip address show you? have you configure in ispconfig the 80 port in this address?
Also did u use the specific ip address in the new web site?

vaio1 21st March 2013 11:08

Hi,

yes I have set up the DNS Zones with the new IP. My settings are:

Code:


auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 101.178.110.100
        netmask 255.255.255.248
        network 101.178.110.125
        broadcast 101.178.110.109
        gateway 101.178.110.122
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
        dns-nameservers 112.197.132.21
        dns-search mydomain.com


allow-hotplug eth0:0
auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
        address 101.178.110.101
        netmask 255.255.255.248

Now all works! I have to wait the update of the dns zone before testing it again.

thanks

Lionheart82 21st March 2013 11:26

If you are in windows you can edit your hosts file and set something like

ipaddress domainname.com
and save ( if you can save it copy paste on desctop, save it and then repaste in "Windows\System32\drivers\etc" folder)

then ipconfig -flushdns on a cmd promt and you are done, you should see the web site even if dns is not updated yet.

almere 21st March 2013 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart82 (Post 294429)
If you are in windows you can edit your hosts file and set something like

ipaddress domainname.com
and save ( if you can save it copy paste on desctop, save it and then repaste in "Windows\System32\drivers\etc" folder)

then ipconfig -flushdns on a cmd promt and you are done, you should see the web site even if dns is not updated yet.

Windows on Linux forum?
Code:

/etc/network/interfaces
in windows? :rolleyes:

Lionheart82 21st March 2013 12:06

Quote:

Now all works! I have to wait the update of the dns zone before testing it again.

thanks
This guide was for windows in order to see the web site locally at your own computer only - until dns is updated...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.