HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips/Tricks/Mods (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ubuntu Multiserver Ispconfig Roundcube Setup Problem (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60791)

JeffryL 3rd March 2013 21:21

Ubuntu Multiserver Ispconfig Roundcube Setup Problem

I made two servers both running ISPConfig 3.0.5.1 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Server One:
Web + FTP + DB + Webpanel

Server Two:
Mail + DNS

I want Roundcube to run on Server One and connecting to Server Two. I ran

Code:

apt-get install roundcube
and then:

Code:

dpgk-reconfigure roundcube-core
to set all the settings.

I used the standard config file for apache in conf.d and only changed the alias to webmail:

Code:

# Those aliases do not work properly with several hosts on your apache server
# Uncomment them to use it or adapt them to your configuration
#    Alias /roundcube/program/js/tiny_mce/ /usr/share/tinymce/www/
    Alias /webmail /var/lib/roundcube

# Access to tinymce files
<Directory "/usr/share/tinymce/www/">
      Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /var/lib/roundcube/>
  Options +FollowSymLinks
  # This is needed to parse /var/lib/roundcube/.htaccess. See its
  # content before setting AllowOverride to None.
  AllowOverride All
  order allow,deny
  allow from all
</Directory>

# Protecting basic directories:
<Directory /var/lib/roundcube/config>
        Options -FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /var/lib/roundcube/temp>
        Options -FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory /var/lib/roundcube/logs>
        Options -FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Directory>

This works straight away when I approach the server by http://servername/webmail, but not when I approach by approaching different sites setup by ISPConfig. The sites are setup with PHP-FPM. So I figured out that openbase settings might be restricting.

Therefore I changed the openbase settings in ISPConfig and added:
/var/lib/roundcube
/var/lib/roundcube/config
/etc/roundcube
/usr/share/roundcube

This resulted in some effect... I do not longer see a blank page, but now it complains that main.inc.php was not found. While this file is in /etc/roundcube and is configured. (Otherwise the direct approach wouldn't work, right?)

I see the following errors in the error.log:
Code:

[Sun Mar 03 20:15:34 2013] [error] [client xxx] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-site.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  include_once(/etc/roundcube/debian-db.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /etc/roundcube/db.inc.php on line 19
[Sun Mar 03 20:15:34 2013] [error] [client xxx] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-site.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening '/etc/roundcube/debian-db.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/lib/roundcube/program/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /etc/roundcube/db.inc.php on line 19
[Sun Mar 03 20:15:34 2013] [error] [client xxx] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-site.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 393
[Sun Mar 03 20:15:34 2013] [error] [client xxx] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-site.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 2647
[Sun Mar 03 20:15:34 2013] [error] [client xxx] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-site.com" stderr: PHP message: MDB2 Error: not found (-4): no RDBMS driver specified

I'm a bit lost right now... what could be wrong?

JeffryL 4th March 2013 21:09

Ok.. sometimes solutions aren't that hard...

The problem was the permissions on the files in /etc/roundcube. All should be 644 and both debian.db.php and main.inc.php were for some reason different then the others (640).