HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   nginx reported offline but working (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60734)

baskin 28th February 2013 11:46

nginx reported offline but working
 
I have a strange issue on an ISPconfig 3.0.5.1 installation on Debian 6.

Nginx is reported offline on control panel (Web-server: Offline), but it is running...

Code:

/etc/init.d/nginx status
nginx is running.

Any hints?

TAiS46 28th February 2013 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by baskin (Post 292861)
I have a strange issue on an ISPconfig 3.0.5.1 installation on Debian 6.

Nginx is reported offline on control panel (Web-server: Offline), but it is running...

Code:

/etc/init.d/nginx status
nginx is running.

Any hints?

Hello,

same for me ... what to do?

till 28th February 2013 18:16

Ensure that nginx is listening to localhost on port 80 on your server.

baskin 28th February 2013 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 292912)
Ensure that nginx is listening to localhost on port 80 on your server.

Thanks till. I'm not very familiar with nginx (it is my first install). How to check this?

The server has only one site active and is working without issues.

till 28th February 2013 19:09

run:

netstat -tap | grep http

baskin 28th February 2013 19:26

I have this:

Code:

netstat -tap | grep http
tcp        0      0 *:http-alt              *:*                    LISTEN      11845/nginx

I haven't changed anything after the initial install (from the how to). I think it happened after an nginx update, but i'm not sure.

TAiS46 1st March 2013 00:47

same for me from netstat, also nginx update and ispconfig newest version!

falko 1st March 2013 14:31

Please post the output of
Code:

netstat -tapn
nginx must be listening on port 80 on localhost; http-alt refers to port 8080.

TAiS46 1st March 2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 293016)
Please post the output of
Code:

netstat -tapn
nginx must be listening on port 80 on localhost; http-alt refers to port 8080.

Code:

tcp        0      0 198.27.**.***:80        0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      23065/nginx
But not to localhost?
Hm, how to change it?

baskin 1st March 2013 14:51

Same here.

Code:

tcp        0      0 77.xxx.xxx.xxx:80        0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      2684/nginx     
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8080            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      2684/nginx     
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8081            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      2684/nginx



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.