HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Multiserver setup with delayed servers (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60382)

Parsec 31st January 2013 01:40

Multiserver setup with delayed servers
 
Hi, new here and i thought I'd try setting up ISPConfig3 in a multiserver enviroment.

However, I am in a situation where not all the servers that will be in the setup are currently available. Is it possible to setup the main server adding all the database entries etc for the eventual other servers without those servers physically existing as yet? (this is not a cluster setup).

I assume I will have to prepare passwords and IP adrresses for the additional servers beforehand so the details can be entered - this isn't a problem. It's just that I can't wait for the extra servers to become available, I would need to use the primary server in the meantime.

Or alternatively, can you add more servers to the primary server's setup later?
Also, this setup will be done on Debian Wheezy - hopefully that isn't a problem.

Thanks for any advice.

till 31st January 2013 10:48

Quote:

However, I am in a situation where not all the servers that will be in the setup are currently available. Is it possible to setup the main server adding all the database entries etc for the eventual other servers without those servers physically existing as yet? (this is not a cluster setup).
No. But thats not nescessary as you can add new servers at any time later to your setup.

Quote:

Or alternatively, can you add more servers to the primary server's setup later?
You can add servers at any time later. Otherwise ispconfog would not be usable at all as which as which hosting copmpany knows how many servers it needs in 5 or 10 years.

Parsec 31st January 2013 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 291360)
You can add servers at any time later. Otherwise ispconfog would not be usable at all as which as which hosting copmpany knows how many servers it needs in 5 or 10 years.

Ok, thanks. I assume by this, then all that is required to add future servers to the primary server is to add the MYSQL instances for the new server on the primary and then tell the new server it's joining the existing multiserver setup during it's ISPConfig install?

Sorry if this appears somewhat simple, but I am just making sure of things so i don't make a mess of it.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.