ISPConfig multi-server: how to move a website?
I just added a secondary (not a mirror) server to my ISPConfig3.
I cannot find any suggestion about how to move a website from the main server to the secondary one (same client, same everything, only different server). I cannot create another entry for the same website (of course I get an error).
There is no function to move sites between servers available yet. The procedure to move a website is:
1) Make a backup of the site content (and databases if you want to move them as well).
2) Delete the site on the old server.
3) Create the site again on the new server.
4) restore the site contents.
We recently had to move websites as well but couldn't afford the downtime. We acheived this by doing the following:
1) setup another ispconfig server as a "migration" server. This ispconfig server WAS NOT part of the mutliserver configuration.
2) setup a duplicate of the website and copied the website files to the migration server
3) DNS change to host the website temporarially on the migration server
4) delete the website on the original multiserver setup
5) re-created it on the desired final server in the multiserver setup
6) DNS change to host the website in it's final location
7) remove the website from the migration server
By using DNS in this way we were able to move the server around without any downtime to our site visitors. It's a little extra work, but in the end worth having the site up 100%
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:03.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.