Migrating from ispc3 to another box.
I want to move the data from my old ispconfig v3 (latest version) that is in a openvz container uses mydns its an old install.
Now I did this guide
With a esxi vm
So, I need the less paintfull way to move all the data from the old server to the new one.
Both are debian squeeze
Could be this simple?
Does your old server use courier or dovecot pop3/imap server?
I dont got many emails account configured.
Ok. The folder structure for courier and dovecot is different, so this makes the migration a bit more complicated. I will refer to that later.
The guide you posted above will not work as a lot of things are missing.
The steps fro a migration are:
1) Backup the following directories on the old server: /var/www, /var/vmail and /etc, ensure that you preserver permissions e.g. with "tar pczf backupfile.tar.gz /directory/to/backup".
2) backup all mysql databases.
3) install ispconfig on the new server.
4) backup the new dbispconfig database and empty the database afterwards. Then restore the database of the old server.
5) copy all users and groups of the websites (users are web1, web2, ... , groups are client1, client2, ..., etc.) from the files /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group and /etc/gshadow from the old server to the new server. Copy onle the lines of the users and groupsmī, not the whole files! and make a backup of the files before you change them.
6) restore the contents of /var/vmail and /var/www on the new server.
7) restore the databases of the clients
8) Now we have to fix the maildir structure. See: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57716
9) Login to ispconfig, go to tools > resync, check all checkboxes and click on start and wait a few minutes to let ispconfig write missing config files.
Is there a way to export and import client by client?
So i can test if everything is working step by step?
because some client didnt use email at all, and
Also, maybe is easier to create the client manually.
Maybe the easiest way to do it, its creating the clients/sites/dns/mails by hand and copy the web files ?
got symlink to /var/clients
Should I backup /var/clients instead?
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:51.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.