HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I've screwed up! Password for admin panel etc (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58377)

helly88 24th August 2012 23:52

I've screwed up! Password for admin panel etc

Ok.. Yesterday I changed my root MYSQL password.
Today just before I was going home from work, I decided to create a ned database using ISPconfig. All seemed fine but in phpmyadmin I could see that the DB hadn't been created. Even tough it was created in ISPconfig.

Then I got a couple of calls and I had to go. But I didn't.. I tried a couple of thing first (I messed up)...
I changed the mysql password in the : nano /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

That did not help.
Then I changed the password of ispconfig in users -> ispconfig db.

All wrong.. I know..

How the ..... do I go about fixing this? I don't want to screw up anything else.

Now I can't login to ISPconfig or my mail. I can login to phpmyadmin and via ssh..

helly88 26th August 2012 20:40

Please. Falco? Till? :-) Anybody?

I can't login to ISPconfig or any of my mails.. Getting kind of desperate.

Monotoba 26th August 2012 23:45

I think you can change it via phpmyadmin using MD5 encryption.... Try the sys_user table.

helly88 27th August 2012 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monotoba (Post 284272)
I think you can change it via phpmyadmin using MD5 encryption.... Try the sys_user table.

Yes, I've changed that password. No luck.
I can't login with any other users either. I think it's because I've changed the password in ISPconfigs config.inc.php file, both server and client.. So I guess ISPconfig (and my mail etc) can't connect to mysql to check if the username / password is correct)

Should this password also be MD5 encrypted?

till 27th August 2012 09:44

Quote:

I can't login with any other users either. I think it's because I've changed the password in ISPconfigs config.inc.php file, both server and client.. So I guess ISPconfig (and my mail etc) can't connect to mysql to check if the username / password is correct)
Yes,you locked yourself out of the mysql database now. Never change the passwords in that files, they are managed by the ispconfig installer and the same password is used for many other servoces like postfix tc as well, so dont change it. You can find the corrrect password in the mysql*...cf config files in /etc/postfix/ directory. Take the password from one of these files and set it again inb the ispconfig config.inc.php file.

helly88 27th August 2012 10:20

Ok. I've done this.

But I've also changed the password of the ispconfig user in the mysql database (users).
I guess I can't just copy the same passowrd into phpmyadmin? It looks too long..

till 27th August 2012 10:36

Quote:

I guess I can't just copy the same passowrd into phpmyadmin? It looks too long..
Copy the password into phpmyadmin, then select "Password" as function for the password column before you save the record. mysql will then encode the password correctly.

helly88 27th August 2012 10:45

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalleluuuja!

Thank you so much! I'll never ever try to make a quick edit before leaving work, ever again..