HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I have to wait more than 10 minutes for ISPConfig to create a website? (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58087)

todx 26th July 2012 18:27

I have to wait more than 10 minutes for ISPConfig to create a website?

Hey everyone. I've noticed I always have a problem adding new website into ISPConfig system. Whenever I make a new website, database for it, ftp for it and DNS zone, I always have to wait 15+ minutes, sometimes 30minutes? Why is that? Can I do anything to prevent this or speed it up or does ISPConfig normal take so long to process the data?

thanks in advance

till 26th July 2012 20:16

Normally it takes about one minute to write the configuration to disk. Maybe a lock file of the server process has not been removed correctly, run:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

to remove it. If the problem happend again, then there is a problem with your server or system configuration that causes the server process to die. Debugging instructions for the server process can be found in the faq.

cfoe 26th July 2012 22:33

I have the same problem on my servers.

The /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock file was there. I removed it but no solution for the problem :mad:

Where can the debug guide be found?

till 27th July 2012 08:00

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugg...-of-a-failure/

The lock file remains in case that the php process dies for whatever reason. When you test the debug, then you should test it at random times as the monitoring cronjobs run only when the current time can be divided by 5 ($minute%5 = 0) in case that the problem is causd by the monitor.

todx 27th July 2012 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 282799)
Normally it takes about one minute to write the configuration to disk. Maybe a lock file of the server process has not been removed correctly, run:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

to remove it. If the problem happend again, then there is a problem with your server or system configuration that causes the server process to die. Debugging instructions for the server process can be found in the faq.

THANK YOU till!!!

I did what you said and it only took around 10 seconds for the newly created website, ftp, database and DNS to become active!

PERFECT SOLUTION! (at least for me =))

Thanks again!

EDIT: ** Should I remove it more often? Or is this once in a year problem? =) I've been using ISPConfig for 6 months now.

till 27th July 2012 17:15

I did not had it yet on my servers that a lock file was not deleted, so I guess it wont happen that often. But if there is a problem with the php installation or any of the applications that get called by ispconfig, it might happen that the php process dies again and can not remove the lock file. In that case, you should try to debug the issue to find the reason for the hanging process.

todx 4th August 2012 10:18

Thank you for the information till, I was away that's why I didn't answer. You say I should debug this issue? Can you refer me to a guide or tutorial on how to debug such issues?

MaddinXx 4th August 2012 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by todx (Post 283242)
Thank you for the information till, I was away that's why I didn't answer. You say I should debug this issue? Can you refer me to a guide or tutorial on how to debug such issues?

Hey,

You have to: ISPConfig -> System -> Server Config (take server which has problems) -> Server -> Loglevel = Debug

Afterwards you can do a

Code:

tail -f /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log

till 4th August 2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by todx (Post 283242)

See post #4 in this thread.

todx 5th August 2012 22:11

Command "/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh" returned:

Code:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: apc.shm_size now uses M/G suffixes, please update your ini files in Unknown on line 0
And after that "finish".

I bought this would affect the php in any way? Or is this serious?

NOTE: I tried to fix it, by adding "M" or "G" at the end of "apc.shm_size=512", how ever that didn't seem to make any effect.