A little confused on what to do after installation?
Note: My apologies if this has been answered before.
I installed ISPCONFIG3 on centos 6.2 using the great guide on howtoforge.com. Everything is up and running and I can access ISPCONFIG via a browser. However I am not sure how to move forward with the initial setup.
1. Only have 1 server, the centos+ispconfig is running on a virtual machine of XEN XCP. I setup the server name to be server1.mydomain.com.
2. I only have 2 usable ips. I plan to use them as follows:
- xx.xx.xx.01 : For my website and the websites of all accounts I add.
- xx.xx.xx.02 : For ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com (Yea I know they should be different ips at different locations, but this is what I have to work with at the moment.... )
3. I registered the nameservers at my registrar with the .02 ip.
4. I want to use bind and ISPconfig to run the DNS on my server itself and not via my registrar.
Right now if I go to the .01 IP it shows the centos+apache successful install page.
So to break it down basically I am not sure where to start when it comes to: (What to consider and what to do to setup the first domain on the server)
1. Telling bind to use the name server domains with .02.
2. Setting up my First website(which will be my main website) in ISPconfig so mydomain.com resolves properly to my server.
3. Make it so when you go to the .01 IP, it either redirects or shows the contents of my main website. (If this can't be done, then any advice is appreciated)
4. Making sure that when I add a new domain, it automatically puts in the proper information for the domain so it points to the right mail, database, dns, entry.
If I overlooked a tutorial then please feel free to let me know, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Some of the tutorials I found were not specific to doing everything on only one server with Centos+Apache+Bind.
Right now all I did was install centos and install ISPconfig3. Trying to move forward correctly so I don't mess up everything I did by not knowing what to do lol.
Thank you in advance!!
I am figuring that since I only have 1 server that everything will be one... there is no point on wasting a usable IP for a namesever.... should I setup my server1.mydomain.com + ns1.mydomain.com + ns2.mydomain.com to be on the same IP or will this not work?
1. So I went into ISPconfig3 >> DNS >> Add DNS Zone With Wizard
2. It created a file in "/var/named" called pri.mydomain.com (Not sure where it got the "pri" from??)
- Below I Changed the IP to ones that aren't mine.
So from ISPconfig3 I chose the DNS option to delete the zone and it no longer appears in ISPconfig3 but that file still exists. Is this normal?
I have a feeling that by the time I setup my name servers, I will have to do a fresh install to undo any mess I make from testing lol. :(
I was going to create another post but since it was related, I wasn't sure if it would have been considered spamming. Let me know and I will delete this reply and create a new post.
What is the difference in the way BIND is installed here:
- And how it is installed here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ispconfig-3-p5
The first one installs bind as chroot but is a tutorial for a different version, is there any reason why bind wasn't installed as chroot on the centos6.2 howto?
Sorry for all the hassle :(.. once I get on the right foot, you won't hear much of me again lol :(
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:15.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.