HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   centos fcgid installation (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57452)

bitla 30th May 2012 15:05

centos fcgid installation
 
Hello,

I am newbie to Linux, I thank you for providing well crafted Howto's. I am try to setup a local webserver on my pc. I have installed CentOS 5.X, update it, installed Apache2, php5, mysql with help of your website.

At present the server API is Apache2 Handler, I am trying to change to CGI/FASTCGI.

The below webpage gives instructions to install it but the repository link given in the step 2 provided is not found. ( wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel...6-5.noarch.rpm)

webpage:


http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set...-centos-6.2-p2

Please update the repository link.

One question I would like to ask, may be at the wrong place.

I have a php script which after installation and when website is opened it produces .html pages . This is working fine on my paid hosting service but not on localhost. It give me error message "page not found"

example: www.mydomain.com will output www.mydomain.com/index.html with page not found error message.

It is a music script (may be designed on joomla).

What modules and extension would be required for the script to work properly.

Thanks

falko 31st May 2012 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitla (Post 279897)
Hello,

I am newbie to Linux, I thank you for providing well crafted Howto's. I am try to setup a local webserver on my pc. I have installed CentOS 5.X, update it, installed Apache2, php5, mysql with help of your website.

At present the server API is Apache2 Handler, I am trying to change to CGI/FASTCGI.

The below webpage gives instructions to install it but the repository link given in the step 2 provided is not found. ( wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel...6-5.noarch.rpm)

webpage:


http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set...-centos-6.2-p2

Please update the repository link.

The correct link is now http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel...6-7.noarch.rpm

I've updated it in the tutorial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitla (Post 279897)
I have a php script which after installation and when website is opened it produces .html pages . This is working fine on my paid hosting service but not on localhost. It give me error message "page not found"

Does the script generate HTML pages (like index.html), or does it just redirect to existing HTML pages?

bitla 1st June 2012 08:14

Thanks Falko,

script generates html pages. script name is agriya volume version 2.0.9

When I use the command rpm -ivh epel-release-6.7.noarch.rpm I get the below error message
error: Failed dependencies
rpmlib (FileDigests) <= 4.0.6.0-1 is need by epel-release-6.7.noarch
rpmlib (FileDigests) <= 5.2-1 is need by epel-release-6.7.noarch

falko 2nd June 2012 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitla (Post 279995)
When I use the command rpm -ivh epel-release-6.7.noarch.rpm I get the below error message
error: Failed dependencies
rpmlib (FileDigests) <= 4.0.6.0-1 is need by epel-release-6.7.noarch
rpmlib (FileDigests) <= 5.2-1 is need by epel-release-6.7.noarch

Please install rpmlib...
Code:

yum install rpmlib
... and try again.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.