Upgrade problem with courier
Just a heads up as this has caused me some problems and may help others.
I have an old ISPConfig 3 server that's been running for a few years now and uses Courier rather than Dovecot. I updated to the latest release ISPConfig 3 a short while ago and thought everything was OK until I got an email from one of my resellers yesterday.
Any new mailboxes added since the upgrade aren't functioning correctly. Any attempt to connect to them via pop3 produces the error...
-ERR Maildir invalid (no 'cur' directory)
It would appear that as part of the upgrade the mail configuration had been changed to dovecot from courier. Not sure if this is a new configuration option that has been added or the existing one that was changed as part of the upgrade.
Changing the server configuration to Courier and recreating the bad mailboxes has fixed the problem. The other servers I upgraded at the same time were running dovecot anyway so it wasn't an issue on those.
Just a guess, you have courier and dovecot installed at the same time. You can test this with:
If it finds a dovecot binary, you should uninstall it.
It doesn't have Dovecot installed - I had problems a few upgrades ago with that when it went horribly wrong and I had to remove the dovecot and re ran the upgrade which worked OK. I've double checked it with "which dovecot" and there's nothing there.
Since then I've upgraded it maybe 3 or 4 times with the upgrade script without any problem. Just the latest upgrade that seems to have caused a problem either by changing or adding the configuration option.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:45.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.