HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ISPConfig3 won't start after update (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56115)

Cracklefish 9th February 2012 23:26

ISPConfig3 won't start after update

I updated from 3.0.3.x (don't remember) to 3.0.4.2. Initially I recenved an error message during the update so I exited and then restarted the update. This time it went fine and ISPConfig started ok but when I restarted Apache I got these errors...

Code:

Starting httpd2 (prefork) Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
[Thu Feb 09 22:38:03 2012] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.14:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Thu Feb 09 22:38:03 2012] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.14:443 has no VirtualHosts

After much searching on the forum I found a tutorial about installing fcgid which broke the ISPConfig. It will not start neither will phpMyadmin

ISPConfig gives...

Code:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

and phpMyAdmin gives...

Code:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

As far as I can see all virtual hosts are at *:80 and *:443 no sites have a ip address set.

My OS is openSUSE 11.3 (32bit) and I used the Perfect Server Tutorial.

These are the instructions I excecuted

a2dismod php5

uncommented "cgi.fix_pathinfo=1" in /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini

This caused a load or errors on restarting apache so I reversed the edit to php.ini and did "a2enmod php5"

All the virtual hosts run fine.

when I restart apache I get the suExec and NameVirtualHost Errors as before and the errors on starting ISPC and phpMyAdmin.

The only other thing I remember doing was to delete some old vhost files for defunct sites.

Oops!

kwickcut 10th February 2012 04:33

did you check and see if swl if running?

Cracklefish 10th February 2012 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwickcut (Post 273292)
did you check and see if swl if running?

No but I don't know what SWL is!

kwickcut 10th February 2012 13:48

sorry for the typo sql

Cracklefish 10th February 2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwickcut (Post 273325)
sorry for the typo sql

Too early in ther morning for me to have my typo spotter loaded!

I can log into the server but I don't know how to do much more than that without phpMyAdmin.

Yast reports that all the apps are running, however, if I reboot the system the NSCD fails to start but Yast reports it as running.

You may have hit upon the problem. The pop server is not running, I guess the imap is also down as squirrelmail does not start.

Cracklefish 11th February 2012 10:43

On further testing maybe mysql is ok websites can access their DBs and mysqlcheck shows no errors.

PermaNoob 15th February 2012 01:20

Don't know where you are now, but if phpmyadmin is still a problem, just use adminer. http://www.adminer.org/

You just upload one file and login--I only use adminer.

Cracklefish 15th February 2012 19:37

Unfortunately I have not made any progress.

I have reinstalled apache following the Perfect Server script but there is no change.

So all clients/users websites run ok but ispconfig, squirrelmail and phpMyAdmin don't.

trying to connect to phpMyAdmin, Squirrelmail and Webalizer give an "Unable to connect" message
The apache error log shows "...client denied by server configuration..."

ISPConfig3 gives "...there was an error in a CGI script." message

the apache error log shows "...No user or group set - set suPHP_UserGroup..."

The other error is that I cannot upload mail. It is arriving ok but uploading to a mail client fails

PermaNoob 15th February 2012 20:31

I repeat, use adminer

till 16th February 2012 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cracklefish (Post 273649)
Unfortunately I have not made any progress.

I have reinstalled apache following the Perfect Server script but there is no change.

So all clients/users websites run ok but ispconfig, squirrelmail and phpMyAdmin don't.

trying to connect to phpMyAdmin, Squirrelmail and Webalizer give an "Unable to connect" message
The apache error log shows "...client denied by server configuration..."

ISPConfig3 gives "...there was an error in a CGI script." message

the apache error log shows "...No user or group set - set suPHP_UserGroup..."

The other error is that I cannot upload mail. It is arriving ok but uploading to a mail client fails

Please post the exact error messages that you get.