HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Server Operation (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mail server, Yahoo, Gmail as Spam (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55812)

erosbk 17th January 2012 23:13

Mail server, Yahoo, Gmail as Spam
 
Hello all,

Please I need a little help with a little problem...

Aside of hotmail, every mail sent by my mail server was arriving ok to inbox in gmail and yahoo. A client used our servers to send spam for two days... we kick it from our hosting, but right now, every mail send by my server is going directly to spam...

Do you know how can I give advise to yahoo and gmail about the situation, clarify that it has been fixed, and get all mails again to inbox?

If there is no solution to this, maybe I will have to use a different IP...

Thanks in advance

bassie 18th January 2012 11:45

You are probably blacklisted. You can check here

Changing you IP is a bit extreme...
You could change your IP, keep in mind also to change reverse DNS record.

erosbk 18th January 2012 13:43

Thanks, but I am not blacklisted in any place. The problem is that my mails are marked by google as spam, this was not happening before this user activity. I want to know where can I check my rep with google, or where can I send a form giving advise that the situation has been stoped.

Thanks!

falko 19th January 2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by erosbk (Post 271793)
I want to know where can I check my rep with google, or where can I send a form giving advise that the situation has been stoped.

Please check your mail log. The big companies send back a URL in the error code that gets logged in the mail log, and when oyu visit this URL you can normally fill out a form and request to be removed from their internal blacklist.

emdok 3rd February 2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by erosbk (Post 271793)
Thanks, but I am not blacklisted in any place. The problem is that my mails are marked by google as spam, this was not happening before this user activity. I want to know where can I check my rep with google, or where can I send a form giving advise that the situation has been stoped.

Thanks!

Pretty sure you're blacklisted somewhere :)
Be sure you're entering the right IP or FQDN from your mail server.

You'll need to do as falko has posted.

erosbk 3rd February 2012 21:27

Thanks both of you, I checked everywhere (aside of mxtoolbox) for blacklists and all my IPs are clean.

A client was using email server to send mails to google groups and others list, with a LOT of rejected mailboxs (I received lots of rejected address, really lots, 2000+ per hour)... I didn't find any message in logs, and with yahoo right now mails are starting to arrive at inbox... cannot say the same for gmail, I still arrive to spam after this, before I was arriving always to inbox...

But well, I think that in a while it will be fixed without intervention of my side... if someone has more ideas please post here.

Regards and thanks again for your help and future advises!

bassie 13th February 2012 13:10

Did your check your SPF record?

ServerBite 14th February 2012 10:47

Check this resource
 
Donīt know if this will help you, but Google has a "Bulk senders Guideline" resource

https://support.google.com/mail/bin/...n&answer=81126

mylifenp 3rd January 2013 22:29

You need to set relay host
 
You need to relay the mails you are sending using your ISPs smtp. Add these two lines in your main.cf in /etc/postfix

broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd <------
smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
relayhost = smtp.yourisp.tld
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_recipient.cf, reject_unauth_destination


Then 'create /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd' and add these lines
smtp.yourisp.tld user@yourisp.tld:Password

If your ISPs SMTP server doesn't require authentification than you won't need to add 'smtp_sasl_password_maps .....' line and won't have to create 'sasl_passwd' file.

Hope this helps you.

sabrina89543 4th January 2013 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylifenp (Post 290308)
You need to relay the mails you are sending using your ISPs smtp. Add these two lines in your main.cf in /etc/postfix

broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd <------
smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
relayhost = smtp.yourisp.tld
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_recipient.cf, reject_unauth_destination


Then 'create /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd' and add these lines
smtp.yourisp.tld user@yourisp.tld:Password

If your ISPs SMTP server doesn't require authentification than you won't need to add 'smtp_sasl_password_maps .....' line and won't have to create 'sasl_passwd' file.

Hope this helps you.

This seems very professional! I think OP should try right now!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.