HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wrong Info in vhost (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55578)

parkerj 30th December 2011 14:40

Wrong Info in vhost

I have an ISPConfig/Nginx install, and when a new site is created, in the php section of the vhost it has fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9004; when it should be fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;. I can change it manually, but it will get overwritten when changes are made and saved in the directives. How can I fix this issue? Thank you.

till 30th December 2011 15:31

Each website gets a new port as each website runs under its own user,so ispconfig is acting correctly here. The start port is set under system > website config.

parkerj 30th December 2011 16:29

Ok, but when a new website is created with a new port, I get a "ERROR 502 - Bad Gateway!" So what do I need to change or look at in order to not get this error when new websites are created? Thanks again for your help.

till 30th December 2011 17:49

Which guide did you follow to install your server?

parkerj 30th December 2011 17:58

I followed the Ubuntu 11.10 guide but followed it to the point that it made sense for 10.04. I also upgraded Nginx to the latest version.

till 30th December 2011 18:07

Thats most likely the reason for your problems as the nginx implementation requires the software versions from Ubuntu 11.10 for several software packes like php, fcgiwrap,nginx and maybe others. For that reason we have not published a guide for debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.04.

If you like to use nginx with ISPConfig 3 you should use Ubuntu 11.10 as 10.04 is not supported for nginx.

parkerj 30th December 2011 18:08

Ok, thanks. My hosting doesn't yet support 11.10, but I will see if I can twist their arm.

parkerj 30th December 2011 18:27

@till, well hosting people are not willing to add it yet, so is there anything in the code that I can change to keep it from trying to generate new port numbers? I just bought the billing module, so I'd hate to start all over.

till 30th December 2011 18:36

Quote:

so is there anything in the code that I can change to keep it from trying to generate new port numbers?
You can do that by editing the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/nginx:vhost.conf.master. But you should be aware that all your php scripts will run under the www-data user and not the web user then, so that the system is not as secure as a normal install would be and php scripts wont be able to write to the website directories as they run under the wrong user.

But using ports is just one option, you can change the website to use sockets instead of ports in the website settings on the options tab.

Quote:

@till, well hosting people are not willing to add it yet
You dont need a insall from them as you can update your Ubuntu Linux yourself. Install a minimal Ubuntu 10.04, then update it to 11.10 before you follow the installtion guide.

parkerj 30th December 2011 18:48

sockets don't work either, but I will try your suggestion for replacing the 10.04 debs with the 11.10 debs in the source.list.