HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Multi-server setup (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55466)

chume 20th December 2011 05:59

Multi-server setup

After upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4.1, I noticed that changes made on the master server are not propagated to the slave.
Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thank you in advance.

till 20th December 2011 09:19

Did you install the update on the master and all slave servers so that all servers in the cluster jhave the same version?

bruno_floyd 20th December 2011 12:34

Take a look at the job queue, maybe there is something stuck there preventing others things from being propagated

fredol 20th December 2011 13:09

Hi all

In this case (multi server setup) do I have to upgrade master or slaves first ?

Thanks for your help

Fredol

bruno_floyd 20th December 2011 13:53

I did an upgrade, first on master and then on slaves.

chume 21st December 2011 16:22

Thank you Till for responding.

I built a new master server with version 3.0.4.1 and then moved an existing slave to new master doing 3.0.4.1 on the slave. The slave is running postfix and dovecot only; now the new master is not propagating changes to the slave.

The slave server is showing in the new master except that the changes made on the new master do not reflect on the slave server.

I appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem.

till 21st December 2011 17:23

1) Enable loglevel debug for the slave in the ispconfig interface of the master server.
2) Run this command on the shell of the slave as root user and post the output:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

chume 21st December 2011 17:51

Thank you again Till for responding.

Below is the first line of the error log:

Quote:

18.12.2011-16:16 - ERROR - Replication failed. Error: (mail_user) in MySQL server: (localhost) Unknown column 'login' in 'field list' # SQL: REPLACE INTO mail_user (`mailuser_id`,`sys_userid`,`sys_groupid`,`sys_per m_user`,`sys_perm_group`,`sys_perm_other`,`server_ id`,`email`,`password`,`name`,`uid`,`gid`,`maildir `,`quota`,`cc`,`homedir`,`autoresponder`,`autoresp onder_start_date`,`autoresponder_end_date`,`autore sponder_text`,`move_junk`,`custom_mailfilter`,`pos tfix`,`access`,`disableimap`,`disablepop3`,`disabl edeliver`,`disablesmtp`,`login`,`disablesieve`,`di sablelda`) VALUES ('8','2','5','riud','riud','','5','user@example.co m','password','User','5000','5000','/var/vmail/example.com/user','20971520','','/var/vmail','n','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0000-00-00 00:00:00','','y','','y','n','n','n','n','n','user@ example.com','n','n')
18.12.2011-16:16 - ERROR - Error in Replication, changes were not processed.

chume 21st December 2011 18:20

Hi Till:

The login field in the mail_user table in the master and slave are placed in different position:

Slave server:
Quote:

| mailuser_id | sys_userid | sys_groupid | sys_perm_user | sys_perm_group | sys_perm_other | server_id | email | password | name | uid | gid | maildir | quota | cc | homedir | autoresponder | autoresponder_start_date | autoresponder_end_date | autoresponder_text | move_junk | custom_mailfilter | postfix | access | disableimap | disablepop3 | disabledeliver | disablesmtp | login | disablesieve | disablelda |
So what will be the best way to reposition the login field?

Thank you again Till.

chume 21st December 2011 20:23

I will just attempt to reorder the TABLE columns in the slave server and see if it will resolve the problem.