nginx + php-fpm = various problems for SOME sites inc 500 or 404 or no input file
I've got 5 sites on Ubuntu 11.10 with ISPC 188.8.131.52 and Nginx 1.0.10
2 of them are running just fine - 1 running phpbb, the other a shopping cart (Zen Cart) with ssl. In order to make Zen Cart work, I had to make these changes to workaround a php bug http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?11,2...664#msg-219664
phpbb works with or without those changes.
But for sites I recently create, I get a 404 or a 500 or "No input file specified.".
It seems to change every time I do I restart php5-fpm which I have to do manually as ISPC doesn't do that.
But the crazy thing is, if I browse to a text file, it'll show it, but most of the time if I try a php file, like phpinfo, it'll say "file not found", even though I can see it right there in ftp in the same folder as the text file with the correct permissions, and the only difference with the try_files for php is to the working site is the php socket. And I've checked that the php for that pool is running via ps, and there's no startup error in the fpm log.
I've badgered my VPS host and now have 5 separate IPs, each site running on it's own IP.
I've put http_debug and in the debug log, I'm seeing debug info for one of my other sites mixed in with it!
I've printed out the fpm pool configs and the nginx conf files for the sites and compared them. I've made sure the users and groups and owner and permissions and open_basedir are correct. I've looked in the fpm logs and the nginx logs and it doesn't even give a clue. I've checked the symlinks, I've tried the real path instead of the symlink, I've checked the IP addresses...
I've rebooted the whole server, I've taken the sites offline and back online, I've even tried deleting and re-creating the sites.
I'd really appreciate some help here - I've been at this all yesterday and most of today and slept 3 hours last night and I've exhausted pretty much every relevant thread here, on the Nginx forums (which are almost completely lifeless) and StackOverflow.
Can you post the vhost configuration of a working and a not-working site?
Thanks Falko! OK, here we go:
Perfectly working site - runs like a dream:
NON working site on same server which shows 404 for all php scripts:
Again, I've double, triple checked user and dir owner and perms on those files.
Plain text files work just fine.
Incidentally, when I turn off "use own error documents" I get "no input file specified" for the php file which I know exists.
When I turn them back on, I get "404 not found" for that file.
Also, the wordpress example section of nginx says it requires cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0 - althugh it seems to make no difference, and even a plain old phpinfo.php file in the root dir fails. And yet on the other site, on the same server, all is good. But is that cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0 going to give me problems if I put it in?
EDIT: Another long night poring through the logs - this looks a bit odd to me.. why am I seeing random and occasional entries from other sites on my ISPC?
The log below belongs to web9, btw..
This log entry is from a site that doesn't work, but does at least match the site AND web number
2011/12/10 16:19:18 [error] 29469#0: *2745 open() "/var/www/web9.co.uk/web/files/Package.pdf" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 66.249.72.x, server: web9.co.uk, request: "GET /files/Diamond.pdf HTTP/1.1", host: "web9.co.uk"
The next one is from a WORKING site, but a completely different user:
2011/12/10 08:22:13 [error] 17201#0: *47071 open() "/var/www/web9.co.uk/web/forum/images/Logo.gif" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 66.249.72.x, server: web9.co.uk, request: "GET /forum/images/Logo.gif HTTP/1.1", host: "web1.co.uk"
Next up, an entry from a NON working site:
2011/12/10 22:04:55 [error] 29471#0: *22753 open() "/var/www/web9.co.uk/web/mp3/10-12-11.mp3" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 84.93.146.x, server: web9.co.uk, request: "GET /mp3/10-12-11.mp3 HTTP/1.1", host: "www.web12.co.uk"
Here's what /var/www looks like
Right, well I seem to have fixed it, with a workaround.
Untick "Use Socket For PHP-FPM" in ALL the sites, even the working ones.
Then service php5-fpm restart.
That's got me working - but I have a feeling this isn't ideal, as many guides say socket is preferable.
So many unanswered questions here, but I'm 4 unpaid days behind now, so it can wait until I've caught up, but I'd love to get to reason behind this one day.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:25.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.