ISPconfig on Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) with mirror server in different location
I want to install two servers like in this howto:
only using ISPconfig on Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) with mirror server in different location.
My question is how can I do it so if the power goes down in one location to have the second server up in the second location.
Thank you very much.
PS: From I read on the forums that the GlusterFS its not so good. Do you think that its the best for what I need?
If the servers are in different locations, then you should consider to use unison instead of glusterfs to sync the directories.
Thank you Till for your answer, what about high availability when a server goes down?
Because I don't want to become another "Single Point Of Failure", I want to provide high-availability for the servers,
with the servers in different location with different ISP
You can write multiple dns records with different costs like:
so if mail.example.com is not responding it takes the secound best choice.
On that server I have web, mail, dns, mysql! Not only the mail!
Something like heartbeat its not posibile?
You could look into pfSense and try to do the guide but for multisite configuration in some way:
Hope this helps! :)
Thank you Swoshie for your answer, but I think that will work when the servers are in the same network!
I have the servers in diferit location with diferit ip classes.
I was searching solutions on the internet and I found this
http://www.docplanet.org/dns/impleme...-for-powerdns/ on this post http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24532
but Im not sure if its a good solution for what I need.
Can someone tell me if I'm on getting close of the solution or what's the best way to do it?
Any help will be very appreciated.
Because I didn't find a solution to my problem and from what I see not too many users are trying to help me I decide to do this scenario:
Web Server 1: http1.example.com, IP address: 192.168.0.100
Web Server 2: http2.example.com, IP address: 192.168.0.101
Virtual IP address that floats between http1 and http2: 192.168.0.99
1. Configuring A High Availability Cluster (Mirror) with Heartbeat like here: http://www.howtoforge.com/high_avail...artbeat_centos
2. Installing A Web, Email And MySQL Database Cluster (Mirror) On Debian Squeeze With ISPConfig 3
using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...th-ispconfig-3
3. Setting Up Unison File Synchronization Between The Servers using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up...debian-squeeze
4. Secure the server like here:
Extending Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze [ISPConfig 3]
What I'm trying to build:
- A High Availability Cluster With Failover
- if one server go down the mirror take his place
- sync the files (webfiles, mail) between two servers (main server and the mirror)
but I have couple questions:
1. Do you think this is the best solution? I'm missing something?
2. Do I need to install only Heartbeat or do I need to install other (like HAProxy, ldirectord)
3. In the howto I saw that every time for High-Availability Load Balancer I need 4 servers. Can I do it with two servers, so it balance between them?
Setting Up A High-Availability Load Balancer (With Failover and Session Support) With HAProxy/Heartbeat On Debian Lenny
4. Can the Virtual IP address be a public IP and the IP's from server be local IP's ??
Here's a little diagram that shows what I want:
| http1 | | http2 |
I will really appreciate your help.
Come on man! no one can help me??!!
There are no techs here anymore!?
There are a lot of nice howtos about this subject! its no one here?
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:24.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.