HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Problems after upgrading to 3.0.4 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54816)

hoenes 7th November 2011 12:47

Problems after upgrading to 3.0.4

I am running a multi server enviroment.

After upgrading to 3.0.4 on my servers if have some problems.

1. Changing af user e-mail password in IPSConfig, does not change the user e-mail password on the mail server.

2. Creating a new user database in ISPConfig does not create the database on the database server.

Maby it because i had, and still have, some problems upgrading my master ISPConfig server.

till 7th November 2011 12:53

Please check the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on the slave server if they contain the correct login details for the master server in the master login section (the user must be named ispcsrv plus a number). If they are correct, please check that the server_id number in the config file matches the server_id number for that server in the server table of the master ispconfig database.

All servers in a cluster must run the same ispconfig version, otherwise the replication can fail due to different database table layouts.

hoenes 7th November 2011 13:20

The informations in config.inc.php is correct.

If i compare dbispconfig database on then mailserver, and dbispconfig on then admin/master server they hold the same data.

I guess this means, that the password acutally changes, but the user is not able to logon with the new password.

When i try to update my master server i get this error ( i made a post about this friday, but i can't find it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_____ ___________ _____ __ _ ____
|_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_) /__ \
| | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _ _/ /
| | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` | |_ |
_| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| | ___\ \
\___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, | \____/
__/ |
|___/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Update

Operating System: Debian 6.0 (Squeeze/Sid) or compatible

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.
Checking ISPConfig database .. OK
PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127
PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 127
root@admin:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install#

till 7th November 2011 13:27

Please check the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on the master server if it contains the correct login details of the user "ispconfig" for the mysql master database. Then check the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf if it contains the correct mysql root password for the master mysql server.

hoenes 7th November 2011 13:36

Both files have the correct informations.

hoenes 7th November 2011 13:53

Actually the mail problem is due to the failed update on the master server, so if some one could help me with the above 'update error', i think my other problems are solved.

till 7th November 2011 14:38

The error message means that the updater is not able to retrieve a value from the server configuration of the master server. The server configuration is stored in the "server" database table of the master ispconfig database in the field "config" It is a ini style configuration and the missing setting is "homedir_path" in the [mail] section. The default value for that field is "/var/vmail".

hoenes 7th November 2011 14:45

In the server table the master server is not present at all.

I only have my DNS servers, mail server, db server and web servers.

till 7th November 2011 14:50

So you currently have no server with ID 1 in that table?