HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   mx record not set up for new site + misc (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544)

jmroth 12th September 2005 22:03

mx record not set up for new site + misc

Hi there,
I have selected default MX in server settings.
However, when I create a new site (with a new domain), MX records are not generated. (The A record is there.)
Why could that be?

Also, what does "Mailuser Login" in the site configuration mean? I found no docs on that...

Last thing, although I selected "SSI" in my hosting template, SSI is not activated in a new site using that template (checkbox is not checked), probably a small bug.

Regards,
~jm

domino 12th September 2005 22:19

Welcome Jim,

Sorry but I am not quaified to answer the first 2 questions. But I might be able to help a bit with the last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmroth
Hi there,
Last thing, although I selected "SSI" in my hosting template, SSI is not activated in a new site using that template (checkbox is not checked), probably a small bug.

please disreagrds this post : I don't know wether it's a bug or not, but did you use a different virtual IP for every site you enabled SSL on? Otherwise, you will usually get some kind of error.

Man, I have to change these fonts in Mac. Sorry about the bad post Jim. I couldn't distinguish the "L" from the "I".

domino 12th September 2005 22:27

To breafly add to my experience, my SSI setting stick when I tick the box. I can use the includes on pages I create with pure html and php or cgi.

till 13th September 2005 09:41

Quote:

I have selected default MX in server settings.
However, when I create a new site (with a new domain), MX records are not generated. (The A record is there.)
Why could that be?

Dont know, it should work like this.

Quote:

Also, what does "Mailuser Login" in the site configuration mean? I found no docs on that...

If you check this checkboy, email users are able to login to the controlpanel.
The login-page is:

https://www.yourdomain.com:81/mailuser/

Quote:

We will try to verify that behaviour, together with the problem you posted above.

jmroth 18th September 2005 02:25

Hello again,
I've looked more closely at the default mx record issue...
When adding a new site, information is added to the dns_nodes as well as to the dns_mx tables.
The entry in doc_nodes is of type 1020 (i.e. mx) and doc_id is the correct doc_id from the dns_mx table.
However neither MX record nor the corresponding A record is generated in the zonefile.
Maybe this helps.
Regards,
~jm

jmroth 25th September 2005 03:33

Hi there,
I have now narrowed down the error with the Default MX to the dns_dep table. dns_mx and dns_nodes are correct but the corresponding entries in dns_dep (child_doctype_id=1020) are missing. In other words, the SQL query in ispconfig_bind.lib.php at line 210 which (in my case) is:
Code:

select dns_mx.host, dns_mx.prioritaet, dns_mx.mailserver
from dns_dep, dns_mx, dns_nodes
WHERE dns_dep.parent_doc_id = '10' AND
        dns_dep.parent_doctype_id = '1016' AND
        dns_dep.child_doctype_id = '1020' AND

yields no results, already taking only the first 3 conditions into account.
Some previous script must have forgotten to create these entries. Can someone take a look?

lexcomputer 25th September 2005 05:57

Concerning about DNS that I am getting confuse

I don't know what does "Domain Authentication Information" is use for?

till 25th September 2005 13:33

Quote:

Hi there,
I have now narrowed down the error with the Default MX to the dns_dep table. dns_mx and dns_nodes are correct but the corresponding entries in dns_dep (child_doctype_id=1020) are missing. In other words, the SQL query in ispconfig_bind.lib.php at line 210 which (in my case) is:
Code:

select dns_mx.host, dns_mx.prioritaet, dns_mx.mailserver
from dns_dep, dns_mx, dns_nodes
WHERE dns_dep.parent_doc_id = '10' AND
        dns_dep.parent_doctype_id = '1016' AND
        dns_dep.child_doctype_id = '1020' AND

yields no results, already taking only the first 3 conditions into account.
Some previous script must have forgotten to create these entries. Can someone take a look?

Hi,

thank ypo for you detailed bug report. We will have a look at this issue. The error must be in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_dns.lib.php

jmroth 25th September 2005 16:35

In the file you named , starting at line 253 $parent_doc_id and $parent_tree_id seem to be '0', which is probably not what we want. I.e. the insertions are made into dns_dep but they are wrong...