HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   phpmyadmin Error #1045 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54006)

JEU 1st September 2011 15:52

phpmyadmin Error #1045

Hi, im getting that error when i try to log over web on phpmyadmin using a user and its password for a database. I can login as root user without a problem in phpmyadmin, and i can access to the database with the user/pass from the command line with mysql so i know that the user/pass are both fine, is just when i try to login trought phpmyadmin that i have the problem, any hints?? :confused:

Thks in advance.

P.S.: Im using debian squeeze + ispconfig3 last version.

Ben 1st September 2011 18:22

What is the exact error message, not only the error code?

Did you maybe restrict the user to allow access from loopback, only but configured mysql to access the public IP?

JEU 1st September 2011 18:39

Quote:

What is the exact error message, not only the error code?
"#1045 El servidor MySQL no autorizó su ingreso" (spanish)

Quote:

Did you maybe restrict the user to allow access from loopback, only but configured mysql to access the public IP?
mysql is on default config (or the config that ispconfig3 installer modified by itself)

Let me clarify:

I created a client "myclient"
I created a site "mysite" for that client and then a database "mysitedb" for that site, then i created a user "dbadmin" for "mysitedb", when i try to log him over phpmyadmin to access his db (mysitedb) i got that error.

Besides, if i log in phpmyadmin with root / rootpass does work (and i see mysitedb), if i test the user "dbadmin" in command line, works fine against mysql and i can access "mysitedb", the problem is when i try to log with that user over phpmyadmin to access its database.

Ben 2nd September 2011 10:40

Well maybe sb. else can help regarding the mysql users created with ispconfig 3 as I do not know the process.

Quote:

Besides, if i log in phpmyadmin with root / rootpass does work (and i see mysitedb), if i test the user "dbadmin" in command line, works fine against mysql and i can access "mysitedb", the problem is when i try to log with that user over phpmyadmin to access its database.
So how is your mysql server configured in phpmyadmin? When configuring it to use "localhost" it ignores the port and uses the local socket instead (as the mysql client does on the commandline). If entering the IP-Adress (127.0.0.1 or the external host IP) it does not.
If then the mysql user you are referring to is added with no remote access allowed the authentication will fail.

So what you should check, is the "Host" entry in the User-table of the mysql database for the referred users:
Quote:

use mysql;
SELECT Host, User FROM `user`;
localhost means no remote connection, whereas e.g. % means connections from anywhere.

After that you should check the configuration of your mysql server in phpmyadmin.

till 2nd September 2011 12:06

Please post a screenshot of the database settings of this databse in ispconfig.

JEU 2nd September 2011 18:30

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 262824)
Please post a screenshot of the database settings of this databse in ispconfig.

Code:

cat /etc/phpmyadmin/config-db.php

<?php
##
## database access settings in php format
## automatically generated from /etc/dbconfig-common/phpmyadmin.conf
## by /usr/sbin/dbconfig-generate-include
## Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:21:19 -0300
##
## by default this file is managed via ucf, so you shouldn't have to
## worry about manual changes being silently discarded.  *however*,
## you'll probably also want to edit the configuration file mentioned
## above too.
##
$dbuser='';
$dbpass='';
$basepath='';
$dbname='';
$dbserver='';
$dbport='';
$dbtype='mysql';

JEU 2nd September 2011 19:32

Update!!

Following the advice of Ben Fixed It!! :)

Thks guys u r really awesome :D

erosbk 2nd September 2011 22:04

How did you fix it? did you add a remote IP in the panel?

JEU 2nd September 2011 22:18

No, checked myphpadmin configuration and was fine, then logged on mysql and checked the user rows on the users table of mysql and was a mess, so i fixed that, cleared cookies on ffox and then it worked :)

erosbk 2nd September 2011 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEU (Post 262861)
No, checked myphpadmin configuration and was fine, then logged on mysql and checked the user rows on the users table of mysql and was a mess, so i fixed that, cleared cookies on ffox and then it worked :)

So, in mysql database you replace localhost for IP of server with phpmyadmin for every user?