preparing dev server to work off svn
I'm trying to prepare my server to work off of svn, curious if some other developers can help me with how they manage this?
1) What config files do I need to copy from my current live installation to the svn installation in order for it to work correctly when I switch my test system over?
2) Is there a database update script I can run while running my system ISPConfig directly off subversion repo checkout?
Welp.. Answered my own question & thought I'd give the quickest setup to someone who might search the forums in the future.
1. do your svn check out as normal
2. cp -sr /path/to/your/svn /path/for/a/copy
3. Backup Up the following configuration files:
4. Get rid of your server/interface directories, and move your symbolic link farms into the place of server/interface.config.inc.php
5. Move your configuration files back in place.. Everything should be peachy.
Now when you make changes or when your pulling new changes svn diff works correctly off your work to the repo.
And the update script in install/ directory works beautiful without not affecting my setup & just updating sql entries in the database.
There is 2 limitations preventing this setup, however I solved it in my current checkout(I'm using git-svn.. so I just stash my changes I'm not committing), if Falko or Till say its okay I'll commit these changes. Basically its this..
1. At server.php.. Its using a require(), its not so symbolic link friendly.. Have to specify an absolute path. So here's the needed change.
2. At server/lib/app.inc.php, the code explicitly disallows symbolic linked classes. This is the diff I did to allow this changed.
Might be better to define e.g. a constant like "devsystem" in config.inc.php that is checked if security functions should be disabled instead of removing the code to protect the function from loading symlinks.
Ok, submitted a revision whereas there is a define for DEVSYSTEM in config.inc.php defaulting to 0. Set to 1, it allows the classes to be loaded as symbolic links.
I'm having trouble using this method ..
It works silky smooth for "just" editing files.
The problem i have is this:
- Clean os install
- svn checkout
- install ispconfig
- create a website -> OK!
- backup config libs
- delete interface / server dirs
- cp -sr /usr/src/trunk /usr/src/copy
- copy interface / server dirs to /usr/local/ispconfig
- restore config libs
- DEVSYSTEM = 1
- create a website -> NOT OK!
The Apache config files, the web folders etc, nothing is created on the system.
Did I miss something? or was this a "know problem" when using this method?
Have you enabled loglevel debug and then executed the server.sh script manually to see which exact error you get?
Yes i did, when it's not working i only get this:
Your using define('DEVSYSTEM',1) in config.inc.php in ~/server/lib/config.inc.php right? Check your permissions as well and the /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log, could be that server.sh and cron_dailly.sh doesn't have the correct permissions (thats happened a couple times with me, had to change the permissions back). Oh, and check the permissions in the repo directory since its symbolically linked.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:33.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.