HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pureftpd error 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53415)

Skprorok 15th July 2011 21:11

Pureftpd error 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied
 
Hello!

I have problem with pureftpd. I have uploaded about 400GB of files through ncftp client (i am migrating one server to another) and when I try to update file (for example index.php) or delete this file i get 553 error.

Server is running Ubuntu server 10.10.

Thanks

Ghostdare 16th July 2011 09:34

It's a permission problem. When uploading files, what user did you use? When you try to delete files what user do you use? Remember that every site must belong to a specific client (Ex: client1, web1.... and so on)


LE: Post the command "ln -s" from one site client.

Skprorok 16th July 2011 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostdare (Post 259886)
It's a permission problem. When uploading files, what user did you use? When you try to delete files what user do you use? Remember that every site must belong to a specific client (Ex: client1, web1.... and so on)


LE: Post the command "ln -s" from one site client.

I used same user for upload and for delete. When I upload file with filezilla I can update it and delete too. But when I use ncftp I get 553 error.

till 16th July 2011 14:47

If one ftp client can edit / delete a file and another client cant do it, then it is not a problem of the ftp server. Compare the settings that you used in both clients.

Skprorok 16th July 2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 259899)
If one ftp client can edit / delete a file and another client cant do it, then it is not a problem of the ftp server. Compare the settings that you used in both clients.

Same settings, but I don' have a clue why I can't delete files using filezilla (or something else) which were uploaded with ncftp.

till 16th July 2011 17:50

Please post the output of the command:

ls -la

from within the directory where you uploaded the file and specify which of the files was uploaded and cant be deleted now.

Skprorok 17th July 2011 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 259909)
Please post the output of the command:

ls -la

from within the directory where you uploaded the file and specify which of the files was uploaded and cant be deleted now.

Thank you very much till and Ghostdare. I had bad ownership to some files. I don't know why it happened but now it is okay when I changed it.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.