HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ISPconfig3 and webalizer create confusion. (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53162)

olieb 21st June 2011 13:34

ISPconfig3 and webalizer create confusion.
 
Following the Howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...04-ispconfig-3 I set up my server as: server1.domain1.com. Created client1 with domain1.com. Created my website on it. No issues.
Then I created 2 more domains for client1.
Initially I could only access the first website with Filezilla over SFTP-SSH. After I changed the owners of web2 and web3 to web1:client1, I could also access these sites with the same username as defined for web1.
Code:

....
drwxr-x--x 8 web1 client1 4096 2011-06-19 00:30 web1
drwxr-x--x 7 web1 client1 4096 2011-06-20 14:35 web2
drwxr-x--x 7 web1 client1 4096 2011-06-20 14:35 web3

Now I am looking at the webalizer part of IspConfig:
Code:

root@server1:~# ls -l /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2011-06-21 08:56 domain1.com
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2011-06-21 10:21 server1.domain1.com
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2011-06-21 02:43 domain2.com
drwxr-xr-x 2 web1 client1 4096 2011-06-21 04:04 domain3.com

Looking to the contents of the individual domain webalizer.conf files, I get confused.
Domain1:
Code:

LogFile /var/log/apache2/access.log
#LogType        clf
OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
HistoryName /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/stats/webalizer.hist
Incremental yes
IncrementalName /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/stats/webalizer.current
ReportTitle Usage statistics for
HostName server1.domain1.com

Domain2:
Code:

LogFile /var/log/apache2/domain1.com/access.log
LogType        clf
OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
HistoryName /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/stats/webalizer.hist
Incremental yes
IncrementalName /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/stats/webalizer.current
ReportTitle Usage statistics for
HostName server1.domain1.com

for domain3:
Code:

LogFile /var/log/apache2/domain1.com/access.log
LogType        clf
OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
HistoryName /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/stats/webalizer.hist
Incremental yes
IncrementalName /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/stats/webalizer.current
ReportTitle Usage statistics for
HostName server1.domain1.com

As far as I can see these 3 run daily at 00.30 hrs, and output goes into /webx/web/stats

Sofar I have in /etc/webalizer 1 webalizer.conf file for domain1.
Code:

LogFile /var/log/apache2/domain1.com/access.log
LogType        clf
OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
HistoryName    webalizer.hist
Incremental    yes
IncrementalName webalizer.current
ReportTitle Usage statistics for
HostName server1.domain1.com

This is run through a cron job outside IspConfig on an hourly basis, while I optimize the report.

My questions:
1. Why did I have to set the server hostname to server1.domain1.com. Why not to just server1?
2. Why does domain3 have owners: web1:cllient1 and the others root:root. Should I change these manually and if yes to what?
3. What should I change in the webalizer.conf files for the 3 domains? They all have the same outputdir as my webalizer.conf file in /etc/webalizer. Domain 2 and 3 use the logfile from domain1 and domain1 uses the logfile from apache2.

Hope you understand why I am confused. :confused:

till 21st June 2011 14:29

Quote:

Initially I could only access the first website with Filezilla over SFTP-SSH. After I changed the owners of web2 and web3 to web1:client1, I could also access these sites with the same username as defined for web1.
This was a bad idea as you broke the ispconfig system with that. Every website ahs its own user. You shoiuld undo that.

To your other questions:

1) Because every server that is connected to the internet needs a fully qualified hostname. Otherwise other servers can not lookup its hostname.

2) Most likely because you broke the system with your changes.

3) This is not a file from ispconfig nor used by ispconfig. ispconfig configures webalizer on the commandline and creates the stats for the domains based on the vhost logfiles. The /etc/webalizer file is most likely from your linux distribution and should be disabled.

olieb 21st June 2011 23:48

I undid the changes I made.
With respect to point 3, I believe that is due to the Howto which I followed which installs webalizer.
Domain2 and domain3 I have to resinstall. Will do that tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.:o


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.