ispconfig_update.sh > where did bind9 go ? EDIT: FIXED
Edit: ignore / delete this post... have it fixed already
After updating php to v5.3 I noticed numerous errors when (trying) opening ispconfig.
I ran ispconfig_update.sh and kept the default answers assuming it should be ok..
noticed > Configuring MyDNS
and don't seem to have a a functioning DNS server.. ( had bind9 installed )
server is running over a year now (was debian lenny > partially upgraded to squeeze > didn't do a full upgrade yet as it's a production server.)
I don't have a personal preference bind9 / mydns as long as it's functional.
ispconfig was 3.0.1 ( or even lower ).... long time ago....
thanks in advance
Seems as if Bind is not installed on your server in a way that ispconfig was able to detect it. How did you install BIND and which Linux Distribution do you use?
Thanks Till for your prompt reply.
As stated I've had it fixed already.
( it's a heavily customized Debian lenny setup, partially upgraded to squeeze )
I didn't have time yet to look at / find the ispconfig install logs to see what went wrong.. just re-installed bind and replaced all related stuff from my backup ... and it's now happily humming again ...
Still have to solve some weird mail issues, as it seems that it rejects mails from firstname.lastname@example.org on my primary domain.
Seems as if the hostname of your server is invorrect then. Please set the hostname to a correct domain that is identical to the domain used in postfix main.cf. Please be aware that the hostname shall not be identical to a domain that is ued for email, so use something like server1.yourdomain.tld as hostname and not just ourdomain.tld
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:38.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.