HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Email problems lead to apache problems (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5276)

natewlew 1st July 2006 23:39

Email problems lead to apache problems
 
I am having trouble with email addresses. I can't make an address with my domain name alone.

I would like to have:

Quote:

nate@example.com
What I get is:

Quote:

nate@www.example.com
If I create an email on a subdomain I get:

Quote:

nate@blog.example.com
I don't want any subdomains in my email addresses. What I did was erase my my hostname (www) from my domain then hit save thinking that would give me the email domain names I wanted. Then I added a cname record for (www) to redirect (www) to example.com.

I haven't had a chance to see if it fixed my email problem but it did break my website. I don't have www.example.com any more. I have tried changing things back the way they were but it does nothing.

If I go to example.com all of my pictures are linked to www.example.com so everything doesn't look so good. If I use https://www.example.com everything works fine.

http://www.example.com is broke.

https://www.example.com works?

till 2nd July 2006 14:29

You dont have to change anything, as ISPConfig creates the email addresses like nate@example.com automatically for the site www.example.com if the site nate@www.example.com has a co-domain example.com (with an empty hostname).

natewlew 2nd July 2006 21:07

Thanks for your reply Till.

What I did is delete my hostname from my site and now I can't get it back.

I had to add (www) to example.com in the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf to fix my problem

I have an empty host in the co-domains but I am still getting nate@www.example.com. It was something I did because it used to assign user@example.com.

I tried deleteing www.example.com from the local-host-names but when I create a new email it puts it right back.

till 3rd July 2006 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by natewlew
Thanks for your reply Till.

What I did is delete my hostname from my site and now I can't get it back.

I had to add (www) to example.com in the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf to fix my problem

I have an empty host in the co-domains but I am still getting nate@www.example.com. It was something I did because it used to assign user@example.com.

I tried deleteing www.example.com from the local-host-names but when I create a new email it puts it right back.

Please enter "www" in the host field of the website and make sure you have a co-domain with empty host and you will see that it works :)

natewlew 4th July 2006 03:21

Thanks for all of your help Till.

If I use an email client like thunderbird my from address on my emails are nate@example.com instead of nate@www.example.com.

falko 5th July 2006 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by natewlew
If I use an email client like thunderbird my from address on my emails are nate@example.com instead of nate@www.example.com.

Isn't that what you wanted? :confused:

natewlew 9th July 2006 09:12

Yes it is. :)

It's just wonder why my from address on my emails are nate@www.example.com if I send them with Roundcude?

I've had a lot of fun with Ispconfig! I do like it!:D

falko 10th July 2006 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by natewlew
It's just wonder why my from address on my emails are nate@www.example.com if I send them with Roundcude?

I think the standard email address in each account (before you change it) is name_of_systemuser@hostname_of_system.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.