HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Webalizer stats encoding (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5254)

SupuS 30th June 2006 11:07

Webalizer stats encoding
 
Hi All

I have problem with pages generated by webalizer. I cannot figure it to right encoding seting. On my Ubuntu Dapper I have set cs_CZ.utf8 as system locale and I put:

Code:

HTMLHead <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html" charset="utf-8">
to /etc/webalizer.conf but without success .. the better what I reached was bad special czech chars (žčůř) with utf-8. With iso-8859-2 (czech iso encoding) it was worse than utf-8. It look like the used font is not able show special chars but if I change it in FF webdewelop html edit to arial for example it is same ... Where I can set default encoding for webalizer? In webalizer.conf I didn't find any useful.

Any idea?

Thanks

till 30th June 2006 12:35

/etc/webalizer.conf is not used by ISPConfig.

Please edit the file:

/root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf

SupuS 1st July 2006 11:32

So I changed /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf too and the problem remains ... In source code of stat page are directives from both conf files .. from /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf and /etc/webalizer.conf anyway ... Unfortunately I cannot play more with it because I have to wait for reload whole day :(

I don't know if this problem is realy with webalizer .. maybe is something wrong in my system locale setting ... but webalizer stats is in czech .. only special chars are missing ... I have no idea how to fix it :confused:

falko 1st July 2006 12:46

It could have something to do with your Apache configuration. Have a look here: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_mime.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod...rset_lite.html

SupuS 1st July 2006 23:52

My apache configuration seems right .. Every other pages on my server are in utf-8 charset encoding and without encoding problems .. uff .. ubuntu makes me mad ... unfortunately I cannot get up ISPConfig on my gentoo :(

falko 2nd July 2006 18:24

Did you compare the <head></head> section of your working and the non-working pages?

SupuS 2nd July 2006 21:10

Yes .. this problem is somewhere in system .. I have problem with charset encoding in console too .. National specific chars are not displayed corectly .. I have to switch to another encoding by export LANG if I need work with vim for example .. Before upgrade in previous version of ubuntu console was ok .. unfortunately I dont't know if stats were ok too .. New system seems to have problem with cs_CZ.utf8 encoding ..
Second thing why I think it is system problem - If I switch another charset display in konqueror display menu I am not able to find correct encoding for stat page ... here is what I found on the net:

Quote:

Re: [webalizer] webalizer localization


You should first attempt to change the encoding type that gets declared
in the HTML code. You have to change the HTMLHead keyword of
webalizer.conf. Change the encoding from iso-8859-1 to some encoding
that allows you to see well your page.

You can see which encoding you need in Internet Explorer, in the "View"
menu, click on "encoding" and try all the encodings there to see if it
can solve the problem by simply changing the encoding.



--- Marek Simon <simon@...> wrote:

> I have czech webalizer and I want to see my webalizer stats in czech.
>
> The webalizer does it, but there are questionmarks instead the czech
> letters. Including charts. I think, the libraries the webalizer is
> using, are not localised. I have Debian Sarge. Can somebody advice
> me,
> which libraries should I change and how?
> Marek
>
but without solution .. :( Ubuntu comunity is not so great as gentoo .. I cannot find solution on their forum ..

falko 3rd July 2006 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupuS
Yes .. this problem is somewhere in system .. I have problem with charset encoding in console too .. National specific chars are not displayed corectly .. I have to switch to another encoding by export LANG if I need work with vim for example ..

You can set and export LANG in /etc/profile. You need then to log out and in again so that it can work.

SupuS 4th July 2006 14:07

I know what to do if I want change system encoding .. this directives is in /etc/enviroment. Locale what I need is cs_CZ.UTF-8 and I have it set but it doesn't work as it should. It affect me only .. it is not so horrible but I need webstats in czech for users. They don't like strange chars on page :)

Ark74 6th July 2013 11:56

Answer
 
The error was simple:
Edit webalizer.conf but instead of add,
Code:

HTMLHead <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html" charset="utf-8">
it is;
Code:

HTMLHead <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
And you are all set. It worked for me :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.