HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Server Operation (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Virtual Users With Postfix, PostfixAdmin, Courier, Mailscanner, ClamAV On CentOS 5.5 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50711)

vikas027 28th December 2010 16:33

Virtual Users With Postfix, PostfixAdmin, Courier, Mailscanner, ClamAV On CentOS 5.5

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a Mail Server -- Virtual Users with Postfix, PostfixAdmin, Courier, Mailscanner, ClamAV On CentOS 5.5 using this guide.

These are the version and softwares I have used till now:-
Quote:

MySQL 5.0.77-4
PHP 5.1.6-27
phpMyAdmin 2.11.11
Apache 2.2.3-43
Postfix 2.3.3-2
PostfixAdmin 2.3.2
I am stuck on this page.

It has been written there that, "Change both create_mailbox.php in the main and admin folder."
and
"Change both delete.php in the main and admin folder"

I could not find any create_mailbox.php in /var/www/html/postfixadmin/ folder (neither on my machine).

Also, I could only find delete.php in my main (/var/www/html/postfixadmin) folder and not in /var/www/html/postfixadmin/admin folder.
Code:

[root@mail log]# find / -name "delete.php"
/var/www/html/postfixadmin/delete.php
[root@mail log]#
[root@mail log]# find / -name "create_mailbox.php"
[root@mail log]# echo $?

Apart from this, I also observed the below errors in my /var/log/maillog
Code:

Dec 28 00:47:47 mail postfix/qmgr[4703]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
Dec 28 00:47:48 mail postfix/master[4628]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 4703 exit status 1
Dec 28 00:47:48 mail postfix/master[4628]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling

These are repeating after every 30 seconds. I tried to google it out, but could not find anything useful :confused:

Any ideas people how to figure out both of these issues ?

I am thinking to write a tidy How-To with some shell scripts once I finish this because I could not find any good guide to set up a mail server with all these functionalities. And the one I am referring is of 2007; its quite old one. I believe it would help lots of people like me as it covers LAMP stack, phpMyAdmin and postfixadmin.

Till then I need your support :) Thanks in advance.

falko 29th December 2010 16:27

What are the outputs of
Code:

updatedb
locate create_mailbox.php
locate delete.php

?

Quote:

Dec 28 00:47:47 mail postfix/qmgr[4703]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
Your Postfix does not have MySQL support.

vikas027 29th December 2010 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 247722)
What are the outputs of
Code:

updatedb
locate create_mailbox.php
locate delete.php

?

Your Postfix does not have MySQL support.

Hi All / Falko,

Thanks so much falko for your time and support.

I dropped this scenario and configured iRedMail instead using this How-To.

It was the easiest thing I had done in Linux till now :)
It had everything I was looking for. Will play with configuration files now. ;)

Thanks all.