HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ISPConfig 3 + WHMCS integration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49426)

griffe 14th October 2010 08:27

ISPConfig 3 + WHMCS integration

Hello,

Has anyone sucessfully integrated ISPConfig 3 and WHMCS? I have seen lots of chatter but no headway?

I heard that ISPConfig 2.0 had no real API support...

Does ISPConfig 3 have good API support?

till 14th October 2010 11:20

ISPConfig 2 and 3 have both full api support.

We had contact with whmcs about supporting ispconfig but they dont seem to be interested. So we decided to build a billing system for ispconfig to not depend on whmcs for the future. The ispconfig billing addon will be released in a few weeks.

itanium 14th October 2010 16:00

Sometimes you can have an answer like:

"sorry but the api of ispconfig is incomplete for create a good module for this billing system"

The API of ispconfig in the svn is more complete and with the future billing addon i think it will be perfect.

@Till: The billing can be integrated with a website for purchase?

till 14th October 2010 17:19

Quote:

"sorry but the api of ispconfig is incomplete for create a good module for this billing system"
If one of these poeple would have contacted us or reported to the bugtracker or dev forum that they miss a specific function to implement billing, then we would have implemented that. But nobody contacted us.

I know of a company that implemented a billing solution for their internal use with the ispconfig 2 api successfully a few years ago, so the api must have been ok for that for years.

Quote:

@Till: The billing can be integrated with a website for purchase?
The billing module is connected to the other components of ispconfig by events. So if you use the ispconfig API from within your website to e.g. create a client with the client template a, then this will also create the billing record that is connected to that client template. Additionally, there will be a billing api to create these billing items by api calls as well.

griffe 14th October 2010 20:35

As a WHMCS customer we need this...

I'll see if I can push it on their end.

Will be looking out for your new billing addon.

andromedacocq 18th October 2010 18:28

Please! it would be great to have a billing module.
I'll wait for it :D

Germanius 20th October 2010 12:23

I'm highly interested in a bridge between WHMCS and Ispconfig, too.
WHMCS is still the best billig software. I dont think that the Ispconfig billing addon is a matching alternative. If you used WHMCS once, you will see that.

DKLeader 20th October 2010 13:14

Germanius - must agree.
I am already using WHMCS for my game hosting and it would be great to have the option to use WHMCS for ISPConfig.

andromedacocq 22nd October 2010 19:18

is there any beta or alpha version of the billing module already?

till 22nd October 2010 20:49

The billing module is in use at our company for a few months now to test it and we will make a first beta for external testers available soon.