HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can't send email with attachments to a user (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4856)

rafaelenrike 12th June 2006 23:25

Can't send email with attachments to a user
 
Hello guys.

I'm having the following problem with ISPConfig 2.1.2

I'm trying to send an email with an attachment to a user on the same site and the server says the following:

Code:

This is the Postfix program at host myserver.example.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

                        The Postfix program

<web1_usuario2@myserver.example.com> (expanded from <usuario2@example.com>):
    can't create user output file. Command output: /bin/sh: let:
    HD_QUOTA=*1024: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "*1024")
    /bin/sh: line 1: [: !=: unary operator expected procmail: Error while
    writing to "/var/mail/web1_usuario2"

The account web1_usuario2 is configured as follows:
Webquota: 0
Mailquota: 150
No antivirus configured
No antispam configured
No mailscanner configured

The account where I'm sending the email from (web1_usuario1) is configured as follows:
Webquota: 0
Mailquota: 150
No antivirus configured
No antispam configured
No mailscanner configured

I'm using only a huge partition (not separate partitions for /var and /home)

The strange thing here is that when I send an email to this user without an attachment, it goes well and he receives it.

Why do you think is this happening?

Best regards.

falko 13th June 2006 12:03

What's the output of
Code:

repquota -avug | grep web1
?
What's the output of
Code:

df -h
?
What's the output of
Code:

ls -la /var/spool/mail
?

rafaelenrike 13th June 2006 16:10

can't send email with attachments.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello. These are the outputs with real data (I was giving an example before):

Code:

[root@webserver ~]# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      287G  5.7G  267G  3% /
/dev/sda2              99M  23M  72M  24% /boot
/dev/shm              504M    0  504M  0% /dev/shm

The output of "ls -la" and "repquota -avug | grep web3" is sent as attachments.

Thanks.

falko 14th June 2006 01:51

Can you post the outputs here instead of attaching them?

rafaelenrike 14th June 2006 02:35

I Already resolved the problem
 
It seems like the mbox file for the user was corrupted. He could read all the emails from the web and could send and receive emails without attachments, but he couldn't receive emails with attachments. What I did was the following:

1. Make a backup of the mbox file.
2. Remove the original mbox file and create an empty new one.
3. Create a new account called whatever I want, and replace its mbox file with the one I backed up before.
4. I made a fetchmail of all the emails using pop3 protocol from the new created account to the account with problems.

This way the new mbox file contains all the emails and is not corrupted. After all this everything worked fine.

Thanks for your attention and best regards.

fobicodam 14th June 2006 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafaelenrike
It seems like the mbox file for the user was corrupted. He could read all the emails from the web and could send and receive emails without attachments, but he couldn't receive emails with attachments. What I did was the following:

1. Make a backup of the mbox file.
2. Remove the original mbox file and create an empty new one.
3. Create a new account called whatever I want, and replace its mbox file with the one I backed up before.
4. I made a fetchmail of all the emails using pop3 protocol from the new created account to the account with problems.

This way the new mbox file contains all the emails and is not corrupted. After all this everything worked fine.

Thanks for your attention and best regards.

I have the same problem with account on 1 domain. I didnt understand the point 4, you do what?!!?

till 15th June 2006 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobicodam
I have the same problem with account on 1 domain. I didnt understand the point 4, you do what?!!?

He used the linux program "fetchmail" to get the emails from the corrupted mailbox and redirect them to the new empty mailbox.

by the way, using Maildir instead of Mbox prevents these problems.

fobicodam 15th June 2006 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
He used the linux program "fetchmail" to get the emails from the corrupted mailbox and redirect them to the new empty mailbox.

by the way, using Maildir instead of Mbox prevents these problems.

Ill try it, but i dont see how can help..

I tried to use maildir once but i couldnt retrieve the emails with pop3, does it need a how to or something?

till 15th June 2006 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobicodam
I tried to use maildir once but i couldnt retrieve the emails with pop3, does it need a how to or something?

If you want to use maildir, you will have to do 2 steps:

1) Install a maildir capable pop3 and IMAP daemon like courier.
2) Switch to maildir in ISPConfig under management > server > settings on the mail tab.

But be aware that all emails that have not been fetched by your customers from their mbox files will be inaccessible after the change.

fobicodam 15th June 2006 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
If you want to use maildir, you will have to do 2 steps:

1) Install a maildir capable pop3 and IMAP daemon like courier.
2) Switch to maildir in ISPConfig under management > server > settings on the mail tab.

But be aware that all emails that have not been fetched by your customers from their mbox files will be inaccessible after the change.

mmm ok, ill take it as last resource...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.