how to Setup a mass mail server in a VPS for my website hosted on shared server?
I have my website running in a shared hosting environment. I wish to setup a mass mailer in a VPS from another provider (linode). How can I set it up?
1. I am planning to use exim as the email server or should I go for postfix or Qmail?
2. Which foss based bulk mailing software would you recommend for this purpose. 50,000 emails per day.
3. Will I get blacklisted even if I setup SPF records?
4. since I am not planning to receive emails to this mail server I don't have to change the mx record on the website. right?
Thanks to all who had a look into this thread :)
- Get your zone files straight (including reversed zones)
- Setup correct MX records
- Setup correct SPF records
- Setup correct DKIM Headers
- Fetch bounce mails, and remove unknown users etc.
- Add a "List-Unsubscribe" header (mailto for best compat.)
- Add your ip to MS SNDS (if you have alot of microsoft related addresses): https://postmaster.live.com/snds/index.aspx
We're using phplist, and a fine tuned postfix .. we send out about 130-150k mails per week (mostly hotmail/live etc). That takes about 2-3days to send out, since hotmail just won't allow you to send at such a high delivery rate (unles you sign up for senderscore.net)
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:14.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.