HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   perfect server Ubuntu 10.04 ISPconfig3 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46191)

beezer1424 28th May 2010 20:51

perfect server Ubuntu 10.04 ISPconfig3
 
Are the instructions for the perfectc server 10.04 ISPconfig3 missing alot of installation instructions? Shouldn't bind9 be configured? Compare 10.04 ISpconfig2 and there are a lot of differences, some I would expect, but then again I am no expert. I will say this after I follwed the instruction in 10.04 ISPconfig3 i had no bind dns server running!


please provide some clarification.. thanks

till 29th May 2010 17:14

Quote:

Are the instructions for the perfectc server 10.04 ISPconfig3 missing alot of installation instructions?
No.

Quote:

Shouldn't bind9 be configured?
No.

Quote:

Compare 10.04 ISpconfig2 and there are a lot of differences, some I would expect, but then again I am no expert.
The complete server gets configured by the ispconfig 3 installer while you had to do this manually in ispconfig 2. Thats the difference between the way ispconfig 2 and 3 are installed and also the reason why you dont have to configure the software manually in the ispconfig 3 guide.

Quote:

I will say this after I follwed the instruction in 10.04 ISPconfig3 i had no bind dns server running!
Create a new dns zone in the ispconfig 3 dns manager.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.