HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SquirrelMail -can't send or receive (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44312)

wpwood3 24th March 2010 06:44

SquirrelMail -can't send or receive
 
Installed ISPConfig3 on a CentOS VM using the Perfect Server Guide. Everything is up and running. I created a website and 2 email users. Since this is a test server it is using IP 10.0.0.11 and does not have a registered domain.

I redirected root mail to User1 in /etc/aliases and that is working. Logwatch reports and RKhunter reports are being received by that user in SquirrelMail.

The problem is that User1 and User2 cannot send or receive emails to/from each other. When I try to send an email it takes forever for the action to complete in the SquirrelMail webpage. It's like Squirrelmail cannot find Postfix. I do not see any obvious errors in the logs.

Reinstalling and/or updating ISPConfig did not help.

Any ideas?

till 24th March 2010 12:01

Which errors do you get in the maillog?

wpwood3 24th March 2010 17:13

Mailog
 
Here are the contents of the mailog when I tried to send an email from mailman@peachtest.com to bill@peachtest.com via Squirrelmail:

Code:


Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver pop3d: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver postfix/smtpd[17924]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver postfix/smtpd[17924]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver postfix/smtpd[17924]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:50:01 testserver imapd: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], time=0
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: LOGIN, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[38758], protocol=IMAP
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: LOGOUT, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=30, sent=238, time=0
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: LOGIN, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[38759], protocol=IMAP
Mar 24 10:51:29 testserver imapd: LOGOUT, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=485, sent=1654, time=0
Mar 24 10:51:30 testserver imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:51:30 testserver imapd: LOGIN, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[38760], protocol=IMAP
Mar 24 10:51:30 testserver imapd: LOGOUT, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=119, sent=900, time=0
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver sendmail[18127]: o2OEqbZ0018127: Authentication-Warning: testserver.peachtest.com: apache set sender to mailman@peachtest.com using -f
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver sendmail[18127]: o2OEqbZ0018127: from=mailman@peachtest.com, size=633, class=0, nrcpts=2, msgid=<58474.10.0.0.1.1269442357.squirrel@w....peachtest.com>, relay=apache@localhost
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver sendmail[18127]: o2OEqbZ0018127: to=bill@peachtest.com, delay=00:00:21, mailer=esmtp, pri=60633, dsn=4.4.3, stat=queued
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver sendmail[18127]: o2OEqbZ0018127: to=mailman@peachtest.com, delay=00:00:21, mailer=esmtp, pri=60633, dsn=4.4.3, stat=queued
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver imapd: LOGIN, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[38765], protocol=IMAP
Mar 24 10:52:58 testserver imapd: LOGOUT, user=mailman@peachtest.com, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=735, sent=203, time=0

UPDATE:
All of the test emails I have sent are sitting in /var/spool/clientmqueue

wpwood3 24th March 2010 18:06

Problem resolved
 
I figured out the source of the problem:
/etc/resolv.conf was misconfigured

I had changed the domain name of my test server and forgot to update resolv.conf with the new domain name.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.