ISPConfig 3 | user experience
I'm using ISPConfig3 for some time and i like it!
In the mean time i've become an enthusiastic ISPConfig3 user. :)
It must be said that i still miss some functionality, but the features which are available do work even better then in ISPConfig2.
For example, switching between suphp, fastcgi and phpmod is great!
It's fantastic to manage everything across multiple servers from one single controlpanel.
Some features i really miss:
- Backup feature for the client, like in ISPConfig2, which makes it possible to backup an entire web and MySQL database(s).
- A tool to move a website from one client to another.
- WebFTP, which gives the client (without knowledge about .htaccess & .htpasswd files) the possibility to protect directories within their web with a password.
What also would be nice:
- A possibility for each client to import a MySQL dumpfile for their website, directly from ISConfig3 panel not via phpMyAdmin.
- The possibility to define a logout redirect, which can be useful for integrating ISPConfig 3 in a website.
However, after using ISPConfig3 after some time, i do have some comments about how ISPConfig3 looks like:
- It looks weird to me that there is a red "logout" button on the upper right corner of the login screen.
It should not appear when you are not logged into the system.
- Within ISPConfig3, there are serveral pulldown menus which says Active "Yes" or "No".
The width of this field is displayed too narrow. On several places even one character can't be shown.
Probably some features i've mentioned in this thread are planned to be done already, but i thought it's a good idea to give some user experience.
Regarding webftp, please take a look here:
But I think net2ftp isnt able to create folder protections.
So, net2ftp is of course a great thing, but it doestn solve the folder protection issue. Just a small note :)
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:34.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.