HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Stops all spam regardless of settings? (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43374)

Nicke 9th February 2010 14:24

Stops all spam regardless of settings?

Hi!

I changed "Spamfilter" to "- Not enabled -" for both the domain and my private e-mailadress. After that i tried to send myself a spam message.

The server does still mark the mail as spam and does not deliver the message to my mailbox. I suspect that the server has done this always. I have never gotten a email marked with "***SPAM***"....

Whats wrong?

Edit:
I did go to Spamfilter - User/Domain and removed my user there.. it removed my mail account! Its gone! :-S
Lost some ~500 emails... is this the way it should work?

Edit2:
I think i got the spam-thing working..

Please tell me some good settings for the normal policy. :)

SPAM tag level
SPAM tag2 level
SPAM kill level
SPAM dsn cutoff level
SPAM quarantine cutoff level
SPAM modifies subject
SPAM subject tag
SPAM subject tag2

till 9th February 2010 22:27

Quote:

I did go to Spamfilter - User/Domain and removed my user there.. it removed my mail account! Its gone! :-S
Lost some ~500 emails... is this the way it should work?
No, this will not delete your emails. Just checked the sources, its impossible. You must ahve clicked on the delete button of the mailboxes and not on the mail filters. Verified this just on my mailserver and my mailbox did not got deleted.

SPAM tag level 2
SPAM tag2 level 3.501
SPAM kill level 15
SPAM dsn cutoff level
SPAM quarantine cutoff level
SPAM modifies subject yes
SPAM subject tag ***SPAM***
SPAM subject tag2

Nicke 10th February 2010 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 218993)
No, this will not delete your emails. Just checked the sources, its impossible. You must ahve clicked on the delete button of the mailboxes and not on the mail filters. Verified this just on my mailserver and my mailbox did not got deleted.

I was suspecting that myself.. i must have gone to the wrong place the second time... deleted my personal e-mailadress from the right place at first and then the whole domain after that from the wrong place.. :(

Nicke 10th February 2010 12:48

Yes, score=4.689 tagged_above=2 required=3.501
tests=[BAD_ENC_HEADER=2.87, MIME_QP_LONG_LINE=1.819] autolearn=no

Should autolearn be off?

till 10th February 2010 12:52

Yes, as the score is too low for autolearning. Otherwise the filter might learn wrong emails. If the score is highre, the mail will get learned as spam. This works all very well and fully automatic, so you dont have to care about that.

Nicke 10th February 2010 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 219040)
Yes, as the score is too low for autolearning. Otherwise the filter might learn wrong emails. If the score is highre, the mail will get learned as spam. This works all very well and fully automatic, so you dont have to care about that.

Thank you!

How does the Whitelist work?
If I want to add a filter for all users in a domain i select @domain.com in the drop down list and then i add my filter.. like *@domain2.com?
No need to add to the whitelist for each user?

till 10th February 2010 13:00

You can either do it per domain in ispconfig or add a global whitelist record directly in the amavisd configuration file. For example:

http://www.akadia.com/services/postf...d%20Blacklists

Also you should take a look at the amavisd documentation.

Nicke 10th February 2010 15:31

Thanks. I will.

How do i add the score to the subject.. like ***SPAM (Score: 3.5)***?

till 10th February 2010 15:32

The score is added in the mail header and not the subject.

Nicke 10th February 2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 219072)
The score is added in the mail header and not the subject.

But i should be able to add it myself? I found it somewhere in the forum but i cant find the thread again...