HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Developers' Forum (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   exec not working (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42597)

DUCKFACE 11th January 2010 19:27

exec not working

im trying to amke kind of plugin .. but i stuck here ...

so .. got $file_data[dir''] ... and i want to copy some files in it ...

$source = "/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/bss/content";
$target = $file_data['dir'].'/web';
exec("cp -r ".$source." ".$target);
exec("chmod -R a+r ".$target );
but exec not working ...
any idea ?
ispconf3
________
No2 Vaporizer
________
Charlie Sheen Intern

Ben 11th January 2010 21:38

What is the errormessage you get? Depending on your log_level err message may not be displayed but stored to the webserver's logfile.

Might be, that either safe mode is disallowing the usage of exec or the function is disbaled in general in your php.ini.

Just another thing, whereever the content of $file_data['dir'], carfully verify it's content for validity.

DUCKFACE 12th January 2010 10:03

error not visible

the error msg is not visible probably of the log level.. but im wonder how exec is working when u add own error pages and in this case is not workin
________
Ram
________
CORVETTE C5-R
________
BARBIEGIRRL

Ben 13th January 2010 08:46

Normally the default error level is to display all except notices or even including notices in some cases. So if this is not changed it should be either logged to the webserver's logfile or to your display.

Are you talking about the same vhost where exec in custom errorpages is working and when you are trying to run your script? As you can influence / override some default settings on a vhost basis.

Another issue could be that exec is working but the code passed throguh is wrong. So do you see any difference when warpping a var_dump() around the exec part as exec returns the last line of the command's result.

DUCKFACE 13th January 2010 10:40

just copy it

i copy the command for insert custom error pages .. to see is the problem from my script and it wont work again,
for more clear view i put error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');
and still no errors
var_dump of source and target is string(46) "/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/bss/content" string(34) "/var/www/clients/client6/web10/web"
finaly i have to exec cp -r /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/bss/content /var/www/clients/client6/web10/web
when i execute rhis one from shell (as a root) ... its workin ...
when i try to execute trought ispconfig ... no error .. no nothin .. even when im using the same script that puts custom error pages. i have no idea whats happened

apache log:
cp: cannot create directory `/var/www/clients/client6/web10/web/content': Permission denied
chmod: changing permissions of `/var/www/clients/client6/web10/web': Operation not permitted
chmod: cannot read directory `/var/www/clients/client6/web10/web': Permission denied

if i have rights to cp error pages why i dont have rights to cp other?

falko 13th January 2010 13:53

Please make sure that PHP Safe Mode is disabled.

DUCKFACE 13th January 2010 13:58

just asking myself

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 216111)
Please make sure that PHP Safe Mode is disabled.

why copying of error page is working with no problems .. but if u want to copy somethin esle with the same methods its not working ... what am i missing or is there any other limits for disable copy
________
New jersey marijuana dispensary
________
Walter Hayes
________
Brunette Cam

till 13th January 2010 22:41

You mix up interface and server. You can not use exec in the ispconfig interface as the interface runs under a non priviliged user for security reasons and does not has access to the customer websites. You have to write a server plugin if you want to run commands as root user.

DUCKFACE 13th January 2010 23:28

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 216165)
You mix up interface and server. You can not use exec in the ispconfig interface as the interface runs under a non priviliged user for security reasons and does not has access to the customer websites. You have to write a server plugin if you want to run commands as root user.

thanks till :)

can anyone help with creating server plugin ?
________
Ford Ma Concept Car
________
BLOWJOB VIDS
________
New Jersey Marijuana Dispensaries

till 15th January 2010 13:18

Take a look at the existing server plugins in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available to get an idea how they work. Every plugin must have a unique name. These plugins are event based, so depending on the event that you want to execute your code, write a new plugin which subscribes to the events. To activate the plugin, create a symlink in the plugins-enabled directory to the file in the plugins-available directory.