Fixing open_basedir restriction
So, I switched to ISPconfig3 over the weekend. All good. Basic sites moved fine. However, when I tried to run the wordpress install on one site (via moving the wordpress install files into a sub-dir I created off that sites web root called "Blog") I got this error on the first step:
I googled around and saw comments from Till that such errors could be fixed by editing the vhost.conf.master and adding the directory to the open_bind statements in the file (2 places). So I added this:
Did I edit/add the open_bind statement incorrectly? If not, is there a better way to install wordpress for a site running on ispconfig3? I assume you should move the files to a sub-dir of the site /web directory (as that is how it used to work).
Any thoughts appreciated.
All files of a website have to be licated in the web directory of this site. I run many wordpress installs, never had a problem with open_basedir when you install it into the web dir or a subdirectory of the web dir. So I never had to adjust the open_basedir path. You should check where you installed the files and copy them to a correct directory inside the web dir or the web dir itself.
DOH! Reinstall worked
Till, thanks for thought. Fixed it.
I had downloaded to the server and then moved the files (mv) to a sub-directory in the /web. That was the way that had it all whacked (not sure why).
When I did it the second time, I downloaded to a win7 client and FTP'd to the web sub-dir for the blog. Then it worked.
Regardless, your point that it worked got me to try again. Thanks. And I learned wayyyyy to much about open_basedir as I tried to resolve it the hard (stupid/wrong) way.:)
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:18.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.