How to create another host in already existing domain (not blank)?
Hello, using the "Drupal 5.6 with ISPConfig on Debian Etch" from this site (all versions are as indicated in that HowTo).
Works great; various sites using it already.
How can I create a 2nd, independent host in the same domain?
1) The problem is that when you go through the ISPConfig process, it creates a "co-domain" to "domain.tld" for the first one ("www.domain.tld"). The 2nd site ("pictures.domain.tld") then seems to just forward visitors to "www.domain.tld"
2) Also, (I know this is Drupal specific BUT it is based on the same HowToForge multisite setup using ISPConfig, so tell me if I have to make another post in a separate forum), in the HowToForge directions to setup the "Multisite Installation" Section 10.1, it has you create a directory name "domain.tld" (no hostname).
In short, in this case, I would like both sites to be completely independent websites, though they exist in the same "domain.tld"
Thank you in advance for any guidance and let me know if that explanation should be clarified further.
Add a new website:
(If necessary, I can pm the urls)
Remove the co-domain and then add a new website (not co-domain) instead to get a independant site.
o I removed the "domain.tld" co-domain (no hostname; which was auto-created by ISPConfig when setting up "www.domain.tld").
o I already had the new website ("pictures.domain.tld") created in ISPConfig (without the co-domain as well).
pictures.domain.tld keeps sending me to www.domain.tld
(both are Drupal sites using the HowToForge setup on the same IP; other independent sites already functioning successfully on the same server). Does the "mkdir /www/web1/web/sites/multiexample.tld" thing factor in at all? Since that was already created for "www.domain.tld" and can't be done for "pictures.domain.tld"?
Any ideas on this one? Still no go.
I still can't get this to work ...
(This and the TLS multi SSL certificates via named-based hosting are my only 2 remaining "show stoppers")
1) Drupal5 multisite+ISPConfig -> working perfectly based on HowToForge howto
All sites using the same IP
2) www.domain.tld -> responding fine, no problems
3) I want to have pictures.domain.tld -> a completely separate Drupal site from www.domain.tld
4) I have /var/www/pictures.domain.tld properly setup and the Drupal part prepared to setup the 1st account, etc.
(I already have numerous www domains working this way)
5) When I type in "pictures.domain.tld" it takes me to www.domain.tld
6) I think it is falling down here:
Since that usually just has "domain.tld" directories -- without the hostname
But I already have one for the "www.domain.tld" site
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance.
PS: I am using DNS external to ISPConfig ... and I have numerous sites working this way without any issues; this is the first I have tried two with the same TLD
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:50.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.