HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How to add new e-mail user without using ISPConfig Control Panel (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38432)

Skprorok 23rd August 2009 10:23

How to add new e-mail user without using ISPConfig Control Panel
 
Can someone tell me please how I can add e-mail user without using controlpanel?

1. I need to add user to /var/vmail/domain.com/username
2. I need to add user to mysql (Can you tell me what is password hash in table "mail_user" ?)

Something else?

Franz 23rd August 2009 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skprorok (Post 201813)
Can someone tell me please how I can add e-mail user without using controlpanel?

1. I need to add user to /var/vmail/domain.com/username
2. I need to add user to mysql (Can you tell me what is password hash in table "mail_user" ?)

Something else?

only add username to mysql database.
creating directory /var/vmail/domain.com/username is done automaticly by postfix when first email come.

till 23rd August 2009 11:06

Thats not enough. It will work partly as the user is able to recive emails, but e.g. things like quota will not work and get not initilaized and it will fail completely on multiserver systems. You have to also add a serialized object which contains the cahnges of the record in the sys_datalog table. The next release will ofer a remoting framework api for this.

Skprorok 23rd August 2009 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 201818)
Thats not enough. It will work partly as the user is able to recive emails, but e.g. things like quota will not work and get not initilaized and it will fail completely on multiserver systems. You have to also add a serialized object which contains the cahnges of the record in the sys_datalog table. The next release will ofer a remoting framework api for this.

So is there any solution to create mail user through PHP?

till 23rd August 2009 11:49

Use the database libraries and functions from ispconfig like datalogUpdate and datalogInsert.

Skprorok 23rd August 2009 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 201835)
Use the database libraries and functions from ispconfig like datalogUpdate and datalogInsert.

Maybe this question is offtopic, but can I change password hash what is used in `mail_user` table?

till 23rd August 2009 12:19

No, the hash can not be changed without cahnging several libraries in ISPConfig. ISPConfig uses crypt with salt which is the most widely used hashing algorithm on Linux systems.

Skprorok 25th August 2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 201835)
Use the database libraries and functions from ispconfig like datalogUpdate and datalogInsert.

And where I can find these functions?

Horfic 26th August 2009 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skprorok (Post 202100)
And where I can find these functions?

Under interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php

Starting at row: 221


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.