HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ISPCONFIG 3 - Centos 5.3 - To many connections (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38430)

Amorphous 23rd August 2009 08:36

ISPCONFIG 3 - Centos 5.3 - To many connections

hello i had the same problem with another server, only this time, it s even worst. i m restarting my server, after 3-4 hours i get the error to many connections, all the mysql databases stop, the acces on the ispconfig stop with the error to many connections .....
to many connections to what ? i ve deleted all the databases, i ve stopped everything else i had on that server, i haven t made any changes on the server since i installed it, again the same problem with creating new e-mail accounts,
for the moment i have only 4 e-mail accounts, i m managing 2 domains from ispconfig both mine, and 2 websites ..... that s all ..... i really don t know exacttly what s going on .... please can u help me with something ?

till 23rd August 2009 11:02

Set:

max_connections = 500
max_user_connections = 500

in mysql my.cnf file.

Amorphous 24th August 2009 01:22

sorry doesn t work, same problem

Franz 24th August 2009 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorphous (Post 201875)

Did you restart mysql after modifications?

Amorphous 24th August 2009 02:12

trust me .. restarted rebooted the hole system ... tried everything .. i still don t get it .....

maybe there could be an explanation .... for the moment the server i m keeping ispconfig is an older one, i have only 1 GB ddr in it, and everytime it filles and starts to use the swap, i think there comes the problem also.... could it be connected ??

till 24th August 2009 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorphous (Post 201875)

Where exactly did you add these to the file? You have do add them in the [mysqld] section and not at the end of the file.

A "too many connections" error in mysql is only related to this setting.

Amorphous 24th August 2009 11:28

Quote:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
max_connections = 500
max_user_connections = 500
is this ok ??

Franz 24th August 2009 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorphous (Post 201905)
is this ok ??

Yes it is OK.

Amorphous 24th August 2009 14:24

ok i m waiting now to see if anymore problems appear ....

but one other thing .... as i told u, i havent changed enything, but i have a another problem, i cant make anymore site folders, the isconfig tells me that i added a new site, i create the ftp user for it, but i can t connect to the web folder assigned, i can t see it in the server, it s not created.... also the new mail users, one of the errors i get is something about quota, can u please tell me the commands to see if quota is still working ??? or if there is another p[roblem, can u pls tell the solving solution ? thanks alot

Amorphous 25th August 2009 17:05

2009-08-18 17:59 s1far3.freedns.ro Update mail_user

this is the first job queue not finished yet, everything i m trying to do since this date, is taken to jobqueue, and nothing really materialises :) i really don t understand why, so far everything worked fine ....