I figure there are enough peeps that come here, it really wouldn't hurt to have #irc.howtoforge.com....:-/
No replys to this one ? :confused:
IRC channel would be cool. If it's a matter of finding a server, I am willing to let mine be used.
I'm not a big fan of chats (and instant messaging) - prevents me from doing my work... :(
i made one;
irc.freenode.net #ISPconfig :-)
oldish topic but any
IRC channel is good and also bad
good when you need a live help on a problem when its could be one of many things or trying to work out a problem
but than someone else has the same problem .. and they cant find out the info on how to fix that problem ....
so they give up
here an example:
someone else worked out how to get vmware workstation on FC6 but it was in an IRC room : i come alone looking for info on forums on how to do it myself
cant find it
give up ... and go back to what i know best ...
and thats windows desktop OS
here another one
the IRC howto
i had a lot of problems at times i had email help form craz1 ... what i do when i habe a problem i just him .. via email or his irc room .. for help :)
when he was there it was live help
and able to get a problem fix in mins vs hours of waiting and replying
and same with the services server i had problems getting that to build .
so the irc has its good and bad points ..
Why dont you keep logs of the IRC talk, and make it public, so if a person wants to find information on a certain topic, all hed have to do is search for it. Crtl + F.
than the qus is
a. how is going to host it
b. whos is going to admin / mod the network
c. how can you make sure user XX on the forum is user xx on irc ...
Info given via a chat session is nice but not so effective.
Info provided via the Howtoforge forums is much more effective:
- In the forums you can find the info you want.
- During a chat, you do not reach a lot of people at once.
- Because chat is less effective it costs too much time.
Nice, but not for me!
by invitation only??
I tried to join the channel but got kicked out - I guess I need an invitation... can I please get one (e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org)?
here's the transcript:
Now talking on #ISPConfig
* clarke.freenode.net sets mode +n #ISPConfig
* clarke.freenode.net sets mode +s #ISPConfig
* ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) has joined #ISPConfig
* irc.freenode.net gives channel operator status to ChanServ
* ChanServ sets mode +i #ISPConfig
* ChanServ sets mode +m #ISPConfig
* ChanServ sets mode +t #ISPConfig
* ChanServ sets mode +f #ISPConfig ##ispconfig
* You have been kicked from #ISPConfig by ChanServ (Invite only channel)
This IRC Channel is not used by any of the ispconfig developers and it is not used anymore for years as far as I know.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:50.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.