HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   E-mail send and recieve problem (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360)

thebigfing 22nd August 2005 20:52

E-mail send and recieve problem

I have installed ISPConfig on my server and add a website to it. Also have I add a e-mail address to that website. Now I have try to send a e-mail from my e-mail address (of my internet provider) to my new e-mail address from the website. Then I get the following error:

Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

I have read the ather posts about this topic but they don't answer my question.

I have open my the ports in my firewall and router that Postfix nead.

When I enter:

Code:

ehlo localhost
in telnet I get the following result:

Code:

250-server1.xxxxx.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
250 8BITMIME

and I compleetly follow this tutorial:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4

so I realy don't now what is wrong.

The Big Fing

m u r 22nd August 2005 21:00

Is maildir checked in management>server>settings?

Did you send a test email first to create the mail box?

thebigfing 22nd August 2005 21:21

The option mail dir in management>server>settings was not checked. I have now checked it. But I have probblems loging in to the web interface to send a test mail. How do I log in here, by that I mean which username and password must I use. Must I type in by e-mail the e-mail address of the user of the username?

m u r 22nd August 2005 21:24

Have you installed webmail?

Can you send an email from a foreign server?

thebigfing 22nd August 2005 21:31

I have install webmail and yes I can send e-mail from a foreign server but then I res receive a mail delivery error.

fnx for all your replys :)

falko 22nd August 2005 22:12

Is the recipient address domain in /etc/postfix/local-host-names?
Does your mail actually arrive on your ISPConfig machine, or is it sent to another system because of some DNS misconfiguration? Have a look into your maillog (under /var/log) to see if the mail is at least arriving on your system.

You can run
Code:

tail -f /var/log/[your_maillog_file]
to watch real-time what happens when you try to send a mail to your ISPConfig system.

thebigfing 23rd August 2005 00:05

sorry but what do you mean whit this:

I don't understand the sentence

falko 23rd August 2005 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigfing
sorry but what do you mean whit this:

I don't understand the sentence

For example you send an email to thebigfing@example.com. Then example.com has to be in /etc/postfix/local-host-names.

thebigfing 23rd August 2005 16:54

This what I get in my e-mail log:

Code:

Aug 23 15:50:08 server1 postfix/smtpd[24827]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-mx.xdsl.tiscali.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 554 <xxxx@xxxxx.xx>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied; from=<xxxxx@xxxxx.xxxx.xxx> to=<xxxxxx@xxxx.xx> proto=ESMTP helo=<[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]>

Aug 23 15:50:08 server1 postfix/smtpd[24827]: disconnect from xxx-xxx-xx-xxx-mx.xdsl.tiscali.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

till 23rd August 2005 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigfing
This what I get in my e-mail log:

Code:

Aug 23 15:50:08 server1 postfix/smtpd[24827]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-mx.xdsl.tiscali.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 554 <xxxx@xxxxx.xx>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied; from=<xxxxx@xxxxx.xxxx.xxx> to=<xxxxxx@xxxx.xx> proto=ESMTP helo=<[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]>

Aug 23 15:50:08 server1 postfix/smtpd[24827]: disconnect from xxx-xxx-xx-xxx-mx.xdsl.tiscali.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

Is the domain that should receive this email in the file:

Code:

/etc/postfix/local-host-names
?