HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I can't receive emails but send (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3589)

tom 9th April 2006 14:02

I can't receive emails but send
 
I can't receive emails. Now I can send mails after adding 127.0.0.1 localhost in /ect/hosts but no mail will reach my from the world.... I feel so lonely :-)

I don't no why - any ideas?

tom

till 9th April 2006 14:19

Please search the mail log for errors. Does the MX record of your domain points correctly to your server domain?

tom 9th April 2006 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
Please search the mail log for errors. Does the MX record of your domain points correctly to your server domain?

Were I have to look for to see that the MX record points to the right server?

tom

tom 9th April 2006 15:58

There is some feeback from postfix:

Quote:

Reporting-MTA: dns; UNKNOWN
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 1CF21BEA5
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; info@domain-c.de
Arrival-Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:38:28 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; web23_test@domain-a.de
Original-Recipient: rfc822; web23_test@domain-b.de
Action: failed
Status: 5.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for web23_test@domain-a.de loops back to myself
But what I've to do?

tom

falko 9th April 2006 17:50

Quote:

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for web23_test@domain-a.de loops back to myself
Please add domain-a.de at the end of /etc/postfix/local-host-names and restart Postfix:
Code:

/etc/init.d/postfix restart

falko 9th April 2006 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom
Were I have to look for to see that the MX record points to the right server?

tom

Run
Code:

dig mx yourdomain.com
to check if the MX record is correct.

tom 9th April 2006 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
Run
Code:

dig mx yourdomain.com
to check if the MX record is correct.

I've got that:
Quote:

<<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> mx domain-a.top
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 6318
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;domain-a.top. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
domain-a.top. 1800 IN MX 10 domain-a.top.
domain-a.top. 1800 IN MX 20 mx0.xyz.de.

;; Query time: 12 msec
;; SERVER: 81.169.163.104#53(81.169.163.104)
;; WHEN: Sun Apr 9 19:25:58 2006
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 84
tom

sultan_muhd 9th April 2006 21:17

I can't receive emails but send
 
i have the same problem i can sen email but cant receive any email
my domain name is in mx the directory /var/spool/mail contains no mail.
i got realy headhak
please help me some one.

till 9th April 2006 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sultan_muhd
i have the same problem i can sen email but cant receive any email
my domain name is in mx the directory /var/spool/mail contains no mail.
i got realy headhak
please help me some one.

Please post an excerpt of your mail log.

By the way, please make a new thraed if you have a support question because its likely that you do not have the same problem. Not receiving mails can be caused by 100+ different problems. :)

falko 10th April 2006 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom
I've got that:


tom

Looks ok. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.