HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   real users emails with pop3 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35413)

H2SO4 24th May 2009 04:05

real users emails with pop3
 
hi

i've some real system users on the server what use mailbox, but ispconfig use virtual users for email with maildir.
if i send a mail to these users i can read in /var/mail/user1 ...user2 ...user3 but i'd like to get these emails too with pop3 without forward. :)

server1.example.com

user1@server1.example.com
user2@server1.example.com
user3@server1.example.com

can i get, how can i get ?

till 24th May 2009 10:13

You can not use Linux users for email mailboxes in ispconfig 3. But you can try to redirect the emails to a virtual mailbox with e.g. /etc/aliases.

If you want to use system users for email, use ispconfig 2 and not 3.

rdv25772 25th May 2009 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2SO4 (Post 190133)
hi

i've some real system users on the server what use mailbox, but ispconfig use virtual users for email with maildir.
if i send a mail to these users i can read in /var/mail/user1 ...user2 ...user3 but i'd like to get these emails too with pop3 without forward. :)

server1.example.com

user1@server1.example.com
user2@server1.example.com
user3@server1.example.com

can i get, how can i get ?

I think you need to add authpam to the authmodulelist variable in the authdaemonrc file in the directory /etc/courier/.

It should like : authmodulelist="authpam authmysql"

Please restart courier-authdaemon after you have change the file. You might also restart courier-imap, courier-imap-ssl, courier-pop and courier-pop-ssl. Please make a copy of the original file before you change anything.

I believe you will now be able to use pop3 for the real system user. You need to logon with just user1, user2 or user3 and their passwords.

All real system users do need their own Maildir directories. If they don't you will not be able to connect.

H2SO4 29th May 2009 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdv25772 (Post 190261)
I think you need to add authpam to the authmodulelist variable in the authdaemonrc file in the directory /etc/courier/.

It should like : authmodulelist="authpam authmysql"

Please restart courier-authdaemon after you have change the file. You might also restart courier-imap, courier-imap-ssl, courier-pop and courier-pop-ssl. Please make a copy of the original file before you change anything.

I believe you will now be able to use pop3 for the real system user. You need to logon with just user1, user2 or user3 and their passwords.

All real system users do need their own Maildir directories. If they don't you will not be able to connect.

thx for your help, works fine.

this line need in /etc/postfix/main.cf
Code:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

cheers

rdv25772 31st May 2009 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2SO4 (Post 191013)
thx for your help, works fine.

this line need in /etc/postfix/main.cf
Code:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

cheers

Yep,

I have forgotten to tell that.:D

Thanks


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.