HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Install ispconfig work with lenny 5.0.1 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34069)

webschiff 23rd April 2009 19:44

Install ispconfig work with lenny 5.0.1

Some have guaranteed the problem that no longer ispconfig debian lenny installed. It appears then following message:

Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.didon:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install#

Here is the solution:
open:
/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
replace in line 73:

if(trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == '5.0' || trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == 'lenny/sid') {

with:
if(substr(trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')),0,3) == '5.0' || trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == 'lenny/sid') {

------------------------------------------------------------
for developer:
To "Notice: Undefined variable:" to prevent the creators of ISPConfig3 still in the line 62 down under $distname = ";
add:
$distver = '';
$distid = '';
$distbaseid = '';
------------------------------------------------------------

radim_h 24th April 2009 11:00

thanks man, i was wondering, what wrong :confused:

till 24th April 2009 12:04

There is nothing wrong. Just debian decided to add minor numbers to their version file what they had not done before for many years. The above has been fixed in SVN already for some days, we will release a update next week. Meanwhile the easiest solution is to just edit the file /etc/debian_version and change the number from 5.0.1 to 5.0

webschiff 24th April 2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 184008)
There is nothing wrong. Just debian decided to add minor numbers to their version file what they had not done before for many years. The above has been fixed in SVN already for some days, we will release a update next week. Meanwhile the easiest solution is to just edit the file /etc/debian_version and change the number from 5.0.1 to 5.0

I'm sorry for my english:
I wanted to me a clean solution, because one does not know how many numbers still follow. Because it is likely that the full version numbers (perhaps 5.0.2 5.0.1, etc. ) with ISP Config 3.

That is why i "substr()" simply from the 3. string number cut off, it would also not much to change in future.

Incidentally, I think that ispconfig 3 really super!!!