HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.10) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33327)

VTCop 6th April 2009 11:43

Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.10)

I have one problem with this tutorial

Postfix works as MTA, but there is a problem. Its crearte the virtual users folder in wrong place. Then when courier goes to look for email says: chdir failed.

I think the problem is that postfix leave the emails in one place an courier search it in other.

Postfix create this folder structure
/home/vmail/domain1.com/cur
/home/vmail/domain1.com/new
/home/vmail/domain1.com/tmp

/home/vmail/domain2.com/cur
/home/vmail/domain2.com/new
/home/vmail/domain2.com/tmp

But courier search the emails at

/home/vmail/domain1.com/user/
/home/vmail/domain2.com/user/

I think that the problem is in postfix configuration at file /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
At the tutorial says:
Quote:

user = mail_admin
password = mail_admin_password
dbname = mail
query = SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/') FROM users WHERE email='%s'
hosts = 127.0.0.1
I think than the line query = SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/') FROM users WHERE email='%s' its wrong. Its output some like domain1.com

Courier search the emails with the configuration in /etc/courier/authmysqlrc:
Quote:

MYSQL_SERVER localhost
MYSQL_USERNAME mail_admin
MYSQL_PASSWORD mail_admin_password
MYSQL_PORT 0
MYSQL_DATABASE mail
MYSQL_USER_TABLE users
MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD password
#MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD password
MYSQL_UID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_GID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD email
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD "/home/vmail"
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/')
#MYSQL_NAME_FIELD
MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD quota
The line CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/') output some like domain1.com/user but Postfix configuration output some like domain1.com/

Is this true?
Is this the cause of chdir failed at courier?

I think that the correct line at /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf must be:
query = SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '@', -1), '/', SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '@', 1), '/') FROM users WHERE email='%s'
Am I ok?

Thanks, I have learned a lot with this tutorial

VTCop 6th April 2009 21:01

Ok, I have seen that the tutorial has been corrected

Thanks

VTCop 7th April 2009 12:03

Another thing, how could I check if SpamAssaissin is working correctly? any log or some?

I see at /etc/default/spamsassissn that spamassassin daemon is not enabled. Is it normal?

falko 7th April 2009 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTCop (Post 180125)
Ok, I have seen that the tutorial has been corrected

Thanks

I didn't change the tutorial, and it was always working for me. :confused:

Quote:

Another thing, how could I check if SpamAssaissin is working correctly? any log or some?
Please check /var/log/mail.log.

wasimriz 7th April 2009 18:26

Hello VTcop

I had checked my cat /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
below is the setting
user = mail_admin
password = mail_admin_password
dbname = mail
#query = SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/') FROM users WHERE email='%s'
# Added by wasim 7 April 09
query = SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '@', -1), '/', SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '@', 1), '/') FROM users WHERE email='%s'
hosts = 127.0.0.1

# cat /etc/courier/authmysqlrc
MYSQL_SERVER localhost
MYSQL_USERNAME mail_admin
MYSQL_PORT 0
MYSQL_DATABASE mail
MYSQL_USER_TABLE users
MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD password
#MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD password
MYSQL_UID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_GID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD email
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD "/home/vmail"
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/')
#MYSQL_NAME_FIELD
MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD quota

Please tell me what changes i need to make so that i can able to login from Webmail

falko 8th April 2009 13:29

If you've followed the tutorial to the letter and sent a welcome mail to that account, you should be able to log in without any problems. If not, please check /var/log/mail.log.

VTCop 8th April 2009 14:30

You must be sure that at ALL lines like
Quote:

you put your mysql user password.

There is some lines on some files that you must forgotten, sure.

For example at six Postfix configuration files
/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_*.cf

or some saslauthd configuration file /etc/pam.d/smtp
Quote:

auth required pam_mysql.so user=mail_admin passwd=mail_admin_password host=127.0.0.1 db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
account sufficient pam_mysql.so user=mail_admin passwd=mail_admin_password host=127.0.0.1 db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
This is a common error

wasimriz 8th April 2009 18:05

Hello

I'd re check every /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_*.cf files user name and passwd is OK. but still i'm facing the same issue

Connection Drop By imap server
Please find my log@ /var/log/mail.log
63, delays=279862/0.12/0.29/1.3, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mx7.netmagicians.com[202.87.39.107] said: 450 <salil@mynetmagician.net>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))
Apr 8 11:03:39 mynetmagician imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Apr 8 11:03:39 mynetmagician imapd: chdir mynetmagician.net/salil/: No such file or directory

Please solve my issue

rieschl 9th April 2009 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTCop (Post 180213)

hi

sure! spamassassin has a built-in test-feature: http://spamassassin.apache.org/gtube/
send a mail containing that string to your server and then search for it in the quarantine-folder (/var/lib/amavis/virusmails) ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VTCop (Post 180213)
I see at /etc/default/spamsassissn that spamassassin daemon is not enabled. Is it normal?

yes, it's normal, because you don't use spamassassin directly but via amavis.

hth

cheers,
thomas

wasimriz 9th April 2009 17:17

Hi

I think there no any directories @ /home/vmail

i think due which i'm getting

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.